Litchi app problems and an app question

Reaction score
Hi group, I've been using the Litchi app for about a month now and really like most of its features, but have been having problems with it. Today on one flight the app just turned completely off 3 times, and quite often the display on my phone just shows a muddy green color instead of the view that I should see. This usually corrects itself after a minute or so.
The main thing that I really like about the Litchi is the flight log that shows me the GPS co-ordinates all along the flight path, this is recorded on the phone and translated to a graph thru flightreplay program.
My question is, is there another app that will give me that GPS info? It would be a really great help in finding a down and lost drone. Thanks for any info, Azdroner

I get the green stuff too. I think it's a wifi thing, not connecting correctly. I power everything off then back on in order. This usually fixes it. I will also try other aps when I see this. It seems to me that the stock DJI ap has the least problems showing video. Once I have it there I go back to Litchi or UF and it's usually there.

I am getting the same thing. The other day I could never get Litchi to give me a video screen. Turned it off and on, closed all apps, always go airplane mode, switch from app to app and back. turn everything off and start over, still green screen with broken bars at top. I just gave up and switched to FPV app. Then the next time it will work just fine, but usually always gives me trouble sometime during a flight. Samsung S4. Any ideas?

Does anyone know of any other app that will give me the flight log that litchi does?
Don't want to go to flytrex, to involved for me, Litchi does a great job when it works.
Hopefully I can get Litchi to behave properly as I really like everything about it other than this green mud screen problem.

Ultimate Flight also has flight logs. And you can adjust the settings. I have UF recording flight info 10 times a second. Normal is once a second. The file is huge! Do you use Dashware? That's why I record flight logs, so I can add gauges to my flight videos.
hey Funnyshin, it's pretty hit and miss. They seem to have good days and bad days. I used to use an S5, but it was too small. I went to an 8" tablet. Perfect size! And it does the exact same thing with the green screen so I think the problem really is in the apps. Maybe wifi too, but if one app can get video and another cannot then it looks like a software issue to me. my 2 cents...

Ultimate Flight also has flight logs. And you can adjust the settings. I have UF recording flight info 10 times a second. Normal is once a second. The file is huge! Do you use Dashware? That's why I record flight logs, so I can add gauges to my flight videos.
hey Funnyshin, it's pretty hit and miss. They seem to have good days and bad days. I used to use an S5, but it was too small. I went to an 8" tablet. Perfect size! And it does the exact same thing with the green screen so I think the problem really is in the apps. Maybe wifi too, but if one app can get video and another cannot then it looks like a software issue to me. my 2 cents...

SDTAG - How would you compare UF to Litchi in general? Do you have both? Thanks, Ed

yes I use both. I found UF first and used it a lot. I found out about flight logs and looked into dashware and now I'm hooked. I started seeing stuff about Litchi on the boards, POI and follow me and all the other stuff seemed to be developing faster for Litchi than for UF. I was a die hard UF fan so it took quite a bit to get me to try Litchi. I did and I like it also now. POI works on Litchi and it still doesn't on UF. Both do way points but Litchi has a web site to do this, UF you can only use the app. Overall I would say that Litchi is a little better than UF, but I still use both. One thing UF does that Litchi doesn't (or if it does I haven't found it yet) is how frequently to save flight data. I think stock is about once a second. In UF I adjusted it to 10 times a second. I thought I was having compass issues so this helped me figure it out. It turns out my compass was fine, but it needs motion to get an accurate reading.
So to answer your question finally I use them both, I like them both. I am still more comfortable with UF but I have a feeling that will change soon. I just need more flight time.
I also bought FPV booster and Vision Pilot. I haven't played with these as much and I'm not too comfortable with them yet. But they all seem to be pretty similar, yet different if that makes any sense.
I don't know if this falls under the right tool for the right job, or, I just like my toys. haha

Reactions: AzDroner
Yes Litchi is sometimes a bit buggy for me and I then use the DJI app. I prefer Litchi,particularly the POI feature. Most times Litchi works fine with my Nexus 7,just occasionally does not connect correctly.
An expensive way to get your data is to install a Flytrex unit,I love mine, and if the uploaded mission data displayed on the Flytrex website is not enough, then you can download the data as a csv file, and enjoy Dashware, or play with the data however you choose,overlay onto google maps etc, although the Flytrex website already does this, and gives you plenty of flight analysis graphs etc.

Litchi muddy green screen and connection problems solved! Decided to use my Galaxy Samsung S3 strictly for the phantom, removed the sim card, deleted dji app and quite a few other apps that I wouldn't use. Since then I get almost immediate connection, never drop it, and no display problems.

I had some issues with Litchi too and asked the devellopers. They said that Litchi needs quite more FREE memory than e.g. the pilot app does. I never looked that up before. I found out that I had 4 GB on my phone but that there were just some MB left free - that´s why I spelled free in capital letters. :)

Now I have an 8 GB phone with not much else going on on it and it works great witch Litchi. Just keep an eye on free memory and maybe don´t turn the frame rate and resolution of the live picture to the max.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Hello all

I had similar problems with the "loss signal! etc...

After stopping the "USB debugging" mode in my Samsung tab 4... all connection/operation problems stopped with Litchi.

It should be made clear to all Phantom 3 and above drone users that with DJI go and/or Litchi, DO NOT use the "USB debugging" mode and MUST be turned OFF.

Hope this helps some of your problems..

cheers

Dear Sirs

after the last Litchi upgrade, (3.8.0) I had this problem on a way-point mission.

The mission start was OK.. then during the mission i saw my P3P altitude literally bouncing up and down about every 30 seconds or so. NO WIND day! altitude changes were from 1 to 2 meters. I left the the P3P to continue on the mission and about a minute later, The app disconnected. I took over manually and restarted the app in FPV mode and all was ok them.

Can anyone please explain this??

Before the update, I never had any problem like this.

Using Samsung Tab 4
P3P
USB debugging is OFF

Bouncing up and down, my mates P3 does that on a waypoint flight, but not all the time

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hello crash1

This is a smooth but quick change in altitude. It will rise up about 2 meters then back down again at about 30 second intervals. It does this the entire time in the way-point mode.

Before 3.8.0 update, it did not do this.

Litchi just pushed it off as a tablet problem. Grrrrrrr!

I will now try the older litchi version 3.7 and see what happens

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Hello crash1

This is a smooth but quick change in altitude. It will rise up about 2 meters then back down again at about 30 second intervals. It does this the entire time in the way-point mode.

Before 3.8.0 update, it did not do this.

Litchi just pushed it off as a tablet problem. Grrrrrrr!

I will now try the older litchi version 3.7 and see what happens

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Yes " A tablet problem" is the standard response. However I like Litchi, and they do respond to emails, and their app is still the best out there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl