Litchi app on Android

GS, FPV booster and flight logs are the main things that we'd like feedback on!
Holy Smokes man! Awesome Alpha. This app has really turned in to something. The new UI tweaks are very nice.

Version 1.1.9 ALPHA

FLew 4 GS missions all with banked Turn (Flawless and the banked turning is really nice)
Flew a few distance runs at my house where my max FPV and control has been 1600FT away (was 150ft up) Flew it twice with no FPV boost and twice with and it did not seem to make any noticeable improvement.

The flight logs have logged to my sd as expected but I have never used them. What do you open them with? I fly with a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet BTW running the latest version of lollipop.

Awesome update!

Reactions: Kaehn
Excellent it gives you a full screen on Samsung 7 inch tablet which makes viewing easier. Plus it works with the Dronexpert quick release cradle. As in the GOPRO version cradle from Dronexpert the GOPRO has to be switched on beforehand and cannot be adjusted in flight, by switching off the camera controls in Vision app you get a completely uncluttered screen. For me this is perfect I like to use the mk1 eyeball method. I admit I was sceptical and had resigned to wasting £8 but I was wrong the app does exactly what it says on the tin. Thanks

Reactions: Kaehn
The flight logs have logged to my sd as expected but I have never used them. What do you open them with?

Flight logs are saved as CSV files which you can open with Excel (or similar software) for easy viewing.
They should also work with the Flytrex profile in Dashware (so you can add gauges on your videos).

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys!

Reactions: eseckinger
Purchased the app today and it almost cost me a P2V+. Something wrong with the battery % that it registers. I was very lucky that I was only out about 100 feet and below 200 feet somewhere. When I check the Flytrex data I will see exactly where I ran out of battery even thought it still showed 73% on my monitor. It went into RTH just like it was supposed to. That is when I actually saw the LED's blinking RED. Luck was with me because I had just been at 400 feet alt and out about 800 feet and was on my way back towards home when this happened. I was going for my 75MPH badge and just going back and forth with the wind trying for the best speed.

Hi Johnp,

Sorry you had a bad experience. The battery value shown comes directly from the DJI SDK and has been accurate for me so far. I also haven't heard any complaints except yours. Could it be a battery defect?

Yep it's on the todo list!

Reactions: Lofty Visions
Purchased the app today and it almost cost me a P2V+. Something wrong with the battery % that it registers. I was very lucky that I was only out about 100 feet and below 200 feet somewhere. When I check the Flytrex data I will see exactly where I ran out of battery even thought it still showed 73% on my monitor. It went into RTH just like it was supposed to. That is when I actually saw the LED's blinking RED. Luck was with me because I had just been at 400 feet alt and out about 800 feet and was on my way back towards home when this happened. I was going for my 75MPH badge and just going back and forth with the wind trying for the best speed.

my % battery left jumps up and down too, so have trepidation doing a long GS flight.

Yep it's on the todo list!

Kaehn, I have noticed some oddities with the Range Extender battery but not the Bird battery. I have noticed that it will jump from 100 to 80 then back to 100 or 50 to 30 sometimes rapidly within a few minutes. Maybe you can increase the sampling rate or see if there are different arguments you can pass to the SDK?

We noticed these too, going to look into making this more reliable.

Hi everyone,

We just released Ground Station and the latest features of the Vision Plus app (1.2.0)

Main features added in this version:
- Ground Station missions with unlimited distance and Banked Turns!
- Ability to load and save your missions, allowing you to plan your Ground Station flights in advance
- FPV Range Booster, a click on the camera signal icon in the top bar will enable it
- Flight data is now logged in CSV format and is compatible with Dashware using the Flytrex profile

And here is a video showcasing the app's features:

Reactions: StevenQX
Hi kaehn, I tested your 1.2.0 app this morning, and I found the next problems:

- The flight log don´t work with Dashware. I open it correctly, but all gauges are sttoped and the first. Yesterday with 1.1.8 works well. If I use another CSV generated with other Vision App, works well. But with your app not work. I think that can be a bad format CSV with bad info into. I Have 12 CSV from your 1.2.0 app, and don´t work any one.

- One recomendation to do , is Auto record video and auto record flight log when you starts motors and stop automaticaly when you stop motors. In this form, all are well syncronised.

The rest are perfect, including GS, banking waypoints, etc, etc.

I only found this problem and this recomendation.

Thanks for all.

Last edited:
- The flight log don´t work with Dashware. I open it correctly, but all gauges are sttoped and the first. Yesterday with 1.1.8 works well. If I use another CSV generated with other Vision App, works well. But with your app not work. I think that can be a bad format CSV with bad info into. I Have 12 CSV from your 1.2.0 app, and don´t work any one.
The video we uploaded on youtube was made with logs from the app (latest version) so it does works!
Make sure you are using the Flytrex profile in Dashware, and you might need to synchronize the video with the logs.

Starting the logs at the same time as the video is a cool idea, we may add a setting for that since not everyone would want that behavior!

Yes, I use Flytrex profile, but nothing.

The flight time for the log is less than 1 second, at least by the Dashware info, but my real flight (in video file) was several minutes.

Could you send me your log files? I'll take a look.

I just purchased your app, why are we limited to 1312 feet in altitude in ground station? How can i change the limits?

Last edited:
Just published an update which should be available in the next few hours, with the following fixes:
- flight logs should produce correct csv files for all countries
- fixed a lag issue caused by google play services

@GSSP That limit could be increased, it was set arbitrarily, I personally have not tried to go high at all, so it may be that the phantom won't even go higher than 200m even if you ask it to.

It is possible to log in the flight log, the temp of the battery, voltage, percent remainingm capacity total and remaining, and amperage???

All this info are registered by the smart battery, can you put it in the log file??

If you put the amperage you can see if your drone is demanding too much amperage (the maximun amperage that the battery can offer is 52 A), and can identify something wrong.

Thanks very much for your patience and excellent work.

Added it to the todo list, and to answer your question yes it's possible to add it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl