Litchi App Luvin it - Coming Soon to a P3 Near you!

If the Litchi app requires a custom firmware install then it could very well adjust or control flight inputs. The DJI firmware is stand alone and does not require the app. The problem I see is software (the app) is notorious for crashing, resetting, or doing other strange stuff. In a bird where the app only affects the gimbal and camera the damage from an app crash is limited, but in a firmware enhanced app that crashed for whatever reason I can see disastrous results.

rmfa This is not a bogus thread !
My video was shot from a vision+ using the Litchi app.
Yes you could fly it manually, but it wasn't.

We don't doubt you were flying on the litchi app, but we are discussing the P3, not the P2, a world of difference.

There are many P3Ps flying this APP:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vision-plus-app-alpha-testers

And this is a screen shot of the APP at startup, version 1.6.3:

Screenshot_2015-06-27-08-07-38.png

Once you install the custom Litchi firmware are you then 'locked' into the Litchi app? or can you still fly with the Pilot app?

I would not recommend it, The P3P developer firmware is DJI and must be installed on the P3P only (I am unsure about Inspire firmware version), and only over 1.1.9 or earlier vehicle firmware, it has bugs.

I fly version 1.6.3 on my P2V3 exclusively and nothing else.

Last edited:
This thread is thoroughly confusing. First, this is the P3 forum. Reviews for P2 apps are barely relevant. Second, I can't think of an easy way an app can make the Phantom more stable. Questionable.

Third, and this is a general comment for all reviewers: please provide details in all your reviews as to your relationship, if any, with the product and product manufacturer you are reviewing and disclose if you paid fully for your product or were given a discount or were otherwise incentivized.

Reactions: loganboyd
This thread is thoroughly confusing. First, this is the P3 forum. Reviews for P2 apps are barely relevant. Second, I can't think of an easy way an app can make the Phantom more stable. Questionable.

I am only a tester here for this APP, NO affiliation to the developer.

yes, it can get confusing, this is a new P3P APP in development and we should be grateful for alternatives to DJI APPs and the people that put in the hard work to make it happen...

I would be happy to pay $50+ for this APP once it is released.

Last edited:
I'll definitely try this app when available and stable for the P3A.
That said I agree in place hover is positioning sensors and esc behaviour.
I fail to see how it could resolve issues with those.
Theoretically differences in the developer firmware may by coincidence but not the app itself.

The app is effectively about macro automation. Which is awesome but this thread is confusing.

And Im only a tester and have no affiliation to the developer.
I know this is a p3 forum but this app will work on both birds.
That is why I shared.
sorry I got excited to share my video from a p2+

And Im only a tester and have no affiliation to the developer.
I know this is a p3 forum but this app will work on both birds.
That is why I shared.
sorry I got excited to share my video from a p2+
Videos showing the functionality of the app seem fine and relevant. A caveat of 'this was with my P2 but it should be the same for the P3' would help but still relevant.
It's the initial premise that general flight hovering and using the sticks is altered by the app that's confusing and illogical to me. Not negating the OPS experiences but I can't find a way to rationally connect the two other than alternative firmware.

Videos showing the functionality of the app seem fine and relevant. A caveat of 'this was with my P2 but it should be the same for the P3' would help but still relevant.
It's the initial premise that general flight hovering and using the sticks is altered by the app that's confusing and illogical to me. Not negating the OPS experiences but I can't find a way to rationally connect the two other than alternative firmware.
Yes I wasn't participating in that part of the thread. just sharing my experience with the app.
Thanks

Reactions: Stephan
I can say this..

It's exciting to see whats at the door step waiting for us. Just not quite ready to open the door.
We are all going to have a BLAST when everything comes together as it has done for the V2s.
I think the thread is okay it opened up the closeness of our future possibilities.

I was correct in being leery of it just yet..

I can say this..

It's exciting to see whats at the door step waiting for us. Just not quite ready to open the door.
We are all going to have a BLAST when everything comes together as it has done for the V2s.
I think the thread is okay it opened up the closeness of our future possibilities.

I was correct in being leery of it just yet..
Well put envisionabove !

rmfa This is not a bogus thread !
My video was shot from a vision+ using the Litchi app.
Yes you could fly it manually, but it wasn't.

I'm sorry but the thread is about the app making the drone fly better. This app does not change how this drone flys. As someone said above, unless you are using custom firmware then the app isn't making the drone fly differently. I didn't argue that you couldn't use the app.

Reactions: acherman
The app does control the bird and poilot controls the camera.

I do not know about the Litchi app, but someone earlier claimed that the P3 hovered better with the app. That's where I call BS. I believe the Litchi app is capable of providing waypoints to the bird, but not control inputs as does the joysticks.

I call BS on this thread. Posting this in the P3 section, with video from non-P3 is misleading. Don't care about the promises, DJI does enough of that. ND agreement should have kept the beta-testers from posting, but Litchi must be pumping for sales. If it ain't working, don't put it here.

THIS IS NOT A BOGUS THREAD!

I have been flying this APP on P2 and is the best APP available: It works great on P3 and Inspire, in the google ALPHA test group you can see the results of people test flying this APP on all the platforms, from my previous post:

Here is the deal from what I understand :

Both developers (kenargo and Litchi) are waiting on DJI to update developer SW
1. Both APPs require developer firmware on P3P, can only load over 1.1.9, no support for P3A
2. Litchi keeps his APP in alpha testing because of DJI's slow to release
3. kenargo has released prematurely
4. Again, all developers are waiting on DJI
View attachment 23411

Thank you for the info. I downloaded the app from Google Play do I need to download another "alpha" version in order to see the P3 option? Do I need to keep the firmware at 1.1.9 for it to work or will it work on the latest release?

In ground station (GS) flight (autonomous GPS waypoints) the drone does fly itself while you focus on controlling the camera. The Litchi APP allows 16 waypoints with no limits in altitude and distance. It also has Point of Interest (POI) and Follow Me. With P2 you can do banked turns though a way point and program different speeds between points.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1