Litchi App Luvin it - Coming Soon to a P3 Near you!

Reaction score
- YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE -
- THIS IS NOT YET AVAILABLE FOR THE P3 -

so today i threw caution to wind and used the litchi app, i have been following it for months.

no issues with the hovering etc. all the issues i have been complaining about were gone! no more bitchin from me about the hardware. what an f*ckin relief!!! Many trousers soiled with all the weird behaviour.

While fiddling with the app i did not realise i sent the bird into the ground... 30 cm from the ground it hovered without issue.

DJI... the software sux but the bird is a dream. even tho Litchi is under development it was still way more stable than pilot app... for me anyway...

anyone with vps issue give it a try...

if anything as partof troubleshooting

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TulsaReiner
I have had loads of debates with stupid people who have no respect for the fact that firmware and the pilot have been rubbish for me.

pretty much going ice skating in normal shoes... everything was a little "off"... the verdict is not out yet but it seems so much more responsive, video feedback, distance, hovering... Litchi has at least allowed me to realise it seems to be a coding issue and not a hardware issue... **** that bird can fly...

Last edited:
@Sammynels, you have heard me complain like a b!tch. it has been incredibly solid for 3 20 minute runs... the litchi app may not be fully tested, but i was shocked at how it behaved. i have had it for 2 months and flown it a couple of times, when left alone it would wander everywhere, several feet at a time, hovering was a vertical/horizontal slide...

even though i know litchi is under development, I could see and feel that it was what i expected...

i bought a second tablet just to test the old pilot app and the new on 2 seperate devices, it behaved the same even though the apps were different.

yet on both tabs, the bird is SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER... running litchi... still more testing to go but at least i feel there is some light...

Last edited:
So you have a DJI Phantom 3 that when attempting to fly it with the DJI Pilot app on any of the firmware or app versions have been RUBBISH but you hooked up the Litchi app and it flies like a DREAM?
That's impressive. Would be great to see some comparison video to back up that statement.

Reactions: Havavision
i spent all day sunday doing everything DJI asked of me, only getting 200m befire I lost connection. hovering does not exist, it either slewed to the left or right and any attempt to arrest vertical flight meant continuing in opposite direction or ploughing into the ground...

I will fly it tomorrow again and provide it for viewing on mega.co.nz. It will not require much to replicate what i did for DJI, WHICH I AM SURE THEY WILL WANT TO SEE ANYWAY...

@loganboyd ... it would be a pleasure... besides i am pretty sure it will provide some significant insight considering last week no one would convince me otherwise... you have to understand before, i had toy quads behaving better... honest!

Last edited:
All I can find on Litchi is an app for the Phantom 2. Is that the app you're using, or are you using one specifically for the Phantom 3?

Is the DJI Pilot app the only one capable of including the Flight Logs? I assume none of the other 3rd party apps will ever be able to duplicate or provide that right? I'm sure the cloud it syncs with is DJI proprietary.

@RyanK, yes i joined the test group but watched from a distance, today decided to take it out a fly it with the Litchi app... i was more thn suprised by the result, it was only after my issues with dji yesterday that i decided to further experiment, i thought it was a hardware only issue and that it was a lemon... today i have a different perspective...

at this point all I am saying is that it is a differnt bird!

if you downlod the app, it will allow you to select P3...

i spent all day sunday doing everything DJI asked of me, only getting 200m befire I lost connection. hovering does not exist, it either slewed to the left or right and any attempt to arrest vertical flight meant continuing in opposite direction or ploughing into the ground...

I will fly it tomorrow again and provide it for viewing on mega.co.nz. It will not require much to replicate what i did for DJI, WHICH I AM SURE THEY WILL WANT TO SEE ANYWAY...

@loganboyd ... it would be a pleasure... besides i am pretty sure it will provide some significant insight considering last week no one would convince me otherwise... you have to understand before, i had toy quads behaving better... honest!
I gotta ask, you know the P3 will fly without a tablet and app connected, right? Did you try that? Testing without a tablet would take the app development completely out of the equation and flight would be based solely on the craft itself.

@acherman yes i did that for DJI voluntarily, but it made no difference. I did not do it today with the Litchi. For whatever reason it once flew better without the SD card, but i cant say categorically what the difference was as i did not test it under full test criteria...

Phantom 2

Your info is in the p3 forum? You want us to trust you saying it works for the p3? I will pass for now until it clearly states p3 not p2.

Phantom 2

Your info is in the p3 forum? You want us to trust you saying it works for the p3? I will pass for now until it clearly states p3 not p2.
no worries, i am only reporting what my circumstance is.i have been squealing like a pig for months... today is different

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl