LITCHI APP IS AWESOME

Reaction score
I purchased the Litchi App and have been studying the possibilities with it. I found out that when you plan a mission, the app automatically uses GPS Co-ordinates to raise or lower the Quad according to the elevation on the map. You can see this below where I added waypoints in a simple test mission drawn up on my Mac. Now, if the app already has this capability, I'm just wondering why Litchi has not implemented the elevation compensation and added a Follow Mode. I chatted VTech by email and they said they have Follow on the list, but other modes are first. Here's what he said: >> Orbit came in first, then Panorama. Follow me was one of the last. We do want to add Follow Me at some point though, but it's not going to be the first one we add.
I love the layout and the simplicity of the App, much easier to understand than AutoPilot. I really like the ability to build a mission at home in your living room, then download it to your Tablet and fly it later. I also like the fact that each waypoint will compensate for elevation, and you can add Point Of View markers where you want the camera to train on.
I am going with Litchi and I'll wait patiently for the Follow mode on it.
What are your thoughts guys? I like the possibilities of the AutoPilot App also, but hey, at my age I don't want to spend a year learning how to use it.

Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 11.56.25 AM.png

Hey Dude
Are you saying that with this version of the Litchi App you create waypoints from a map then upload them to your controller, and then fly the waypoints later when you get out to the site, you dont have to fly them first and record them as you go, like with the DJI go app,,,,?
Waylander

Can you add waypoints by flying the phantom to various locations (like the DJI Pilot app) and then add those corner radii afterwards?

I ask because I don't feel comfortable adding waypoints on a map -- for example, I shot a gold course last year and used the Pilot app. I flew to each waypoint and set it as a waypoint. Then I told it to "go". It would have been better if I could tell it to smooth the corners out. But some of the spaces were really tight and I woud not have felt at all comfortable adding them only using a map.

Also, what's the top speed for following waypoints? I find the top speed in the Pilot app is way too slow for some uses.

Yes, you can build the mission from your sofa or from your FPV in your car, and that way you don't waste battery time. Cruising speed looks like Max at 33.6 MPH. You can drag your waypoints around and it will show you the elevation adjustment, and you can also drag the Points Of Interest, or delete any or all. Other information includes the height off ground for each waypoint and the distance between waypoints. You also mentioned smoothing the curves out. You can adjust the curve size also with the slider by clicking on the waypoint to edit. I have really just started to dig into this and from what I see, it's very versatile, but much easier to grasp than AutoPilot. Here's a link to the Mission Hub, and you can play around with it there. Also, the map data is a lot more clear than the Go App, at least here in Montana.
Mission Hub - Litchi

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 1.58.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-17 at 1.58.22 PM.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Hey Dude
Are you saying that with this version of the Litchi App you create waypoints from a map then upload them to your controller, and then fly the waypoints later when you get out to the site, you dont have to fly them first and record them as you go, like with the DJI go app,,,,?
Waylander

(Oops Bill answered first...) I use the Litchi app too... No, you don't have to fly the route first and mark your waypoint. In the comfort of your own home, with drink in hand, you open up the app on your tablet/smart phone (making sure you're connected to the internet so maps will load), select the area you want to fly a mission and just tap the screen to add your waypoints. You can then adjust altitude and speed between waypoints and the direction the bird is pointing (Or have that control yourself during the mission) and what to do at the end of the mission, like go home or go to lat waypoint.

It is a really great app as BillH pointed out above...

so i purchased it last night, i have a Phantom 3 Standard. did my waypoint mission went to the local race track , first flight, Brilliant, it is so much better then the Go App its not even funny. way more signal range, drone did not blink just awesome.

I found out that when you plan a mission, the app automatically uses GPS Co-ordinates to raise or lower the Quad according to the elevation on the map.

Bill:

I've been using Litchi IOS for several months–with flights planned on the Mission Planner and on my iPad. Where are you seeing the elevation changes? I'm not convinced Litchi is making elevation changes based on the surface level. The only way I can get my Phantom to fly 20' AGL while launching from a hill above that elevation is to assign the waypoints with a negative number.

SB

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31