Litchi app help

Reaction score
I have the iPad mini 4 and when I recorded my screen I get a bad recording it looks like the map keep fading in and out in the middle of the video.

Also when I do a mission sometimes I am only 50ft away and the drone lose video signal any ideas why? I looked at my ch and set it to auto but every time it defaults to Ch 7.

Does the battery drain faster on the phantom with litchi mission?

Thanks everyone for your help

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

you lose signal at 50ft? also litchi does not change how long your battery lasts, the speed and other things do. Post the video so we can see what you mean
try someplace 5-10 miles away and are there a lot of trees around you?

Hello, I'm totally new to Litchi, I have the latest app and use a Samsung tablet, and a P3P with the newest FW.
Questions I have.
1. If I set a WayPoint at 75 feet, then set the next way point to 25 feet, will it slowly descend to the second waypoints 25 Ft, or take off and fly to the second waypoint at 75 ft, and then descend to 25 ft?
2. Is it possible to land at a specified way point, sit landed for a specified time, then take off again to a return waypoint?
3. Because you have to rotate the P3P to rotate the camera can this be done in flight mode while flying to a waypoint?
4. I have been to the Litchi website, but did not see any forum or FAQ pages there, any links to good tutorials on learning the Litchi App?

Thanks,
Southerndude

Hello, I'm totally new to Litchi, I have the latest app and use a Samsung tablet, and a P3P with the newest FW.
Questions I have.
1. If I set a WayPoint at 75 feet, then set the next way point to 25 feet, will it slowly descend to the second waypoints 25 Ft, or take off and fly to the second waypoint at 75 ft, and then descend to 25 ft?
2. Is it possible to land at a specified way point, sit landed for a specified time, then take off again to a return waypoint?
3. Because you have to rotate the P3P to rotate the camera can this be done in flight mode while flying to a waypoint?
4. I have been to the Litchi website, but did not see any forum or FAQ pages there, any links to good tutorials on learning the Litchi App?

Thanks,
Southerndude

I will answer what I can the best I can.

1. It depends. Assuming there is enough distance between the two waypoints and the speed that you have selected, it will try to do a smooth altitude change between waypoints. If unable to do so because they are too close together, speed it too hight, etc, it will do the best that it can, and when it reaches the second waypoint it will stay there and finish the descent before going on to the next waypoint.

2. I don't believe it can do that. I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone else will chime in and answer this.

3. Absolutely. This is best done though using a POI. You place a POI where you would like the camera to point. You can also set the altitude of the POI, so that gimbal angle can be set appropriately. As the P3 travels between waypoints, it will automatically smoothly rotate the P3 (via yaw) all while traveling between waypoints. Assuming the two waypoints are at different altitudes, it will also smoothly adjust the gimbal angle as it travels so that the selected POI stays framed properly.

4. There is a Phantom Flight school there on their website. There is a subset of of the training that is free (an introduction). I have taken that and its not bad. I have not taken the paid portion, and have not decided if I will or not. It is located at:
Phantom Filmschool 3 - the easy way to shoot like a pro

Beyond that, search YouTube. I have learned a ton from just trying the SW, playing around with it, etc. Search here as well. There are numerous topics. Hope that helps.

1. If the AC has so much speed that it can't ascend/descend between waypoints, it will slow down so it reaches the next waypoint in the desired altitude.

2. Don't know for sure -- I guess you must land manually, load the next Litchi mission and take off.

3. You can set Litchi to automatically shoot the desired object (next waypoint or POIs).

4. Litchi website has instructions as well as user-generated PDFs.

Last edited:
1. If the AC has so much speed that it can't ascend/descend between waypoints, it will slow down so it reaches the next waypoint in the desired altitude.

2. Don't know for sure -- I guess you must land manually, load the next Litchi mission and take off.

3. You can set Litchi to automatically shoot the desired object (next waypoint or POIs).

4. Litchi website has instructions as well as user-generated PDFs.
Questions I have.

Thanks,
Southerndude
Demunseed gas a great video on Youtube about waypoints while using Litchi.

Questions I have.

Thanks,
Southerndude
1. In general the Phantom will transition in position, altitude and heading from one waypoint to the next gradually based on distance and speed. If the two points are close together the transition is rapid (or as rapid as possible given the flight speed of the Phantom), if the waypoints are far away, the transition is slow and gradual. It does NOT fly from point 1 to point 2 and then change altitude. Its a slow migration.

2. No. Landing is not an option during a mission. Wait is an option for each waypoint. Not land.

3. There are multiple modes that control gimbal pitch (up/down) and aircraft heading (yaw). You can control the heading and pitch during a mission or you can have litchi control either or both pitch and heading.

4. Help - Litchi

I am having trouble with the mission loading. Every time I plan a mission on line, it appears to have been transferred to my samsung galaxy s6. After connecting to the aircraft, Phantom 3 standard, when I load the mission to the phone the waypoints show as planned, but when I go to fly it I get a mission failed to load error. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers