Litchi app GS/Waypoint question:

Reaction score
I have been looking and can't find the exact answer i'm looking for. My question is, using Litchi GS/Waypoints and assuming unlimited battery life, could I (theoretically) fly to waypoints 20 miles away and have it come back to me without worrying about it? I did a waypoint flight around my neighborhood. Shortly after I took off, I lost connection. P3S continued mission successfully and returned to me and I thought that it was the greatest thing going. That got me thinking, could I fly to the next town and back or say, have it fly to a friends house far away?

Yes, that's correct. It doesn't RTH with signal loss. It continues its mission.

However, flying to your friends house might be a little tricky. Once it gets there it will hover and wait for your command. And I believe it will hover until battery life gets low, then it will RTH. And if battery life gets critical, it will auto land.

Of course remember Litchi will forecast how long the flight will last, anything or 15 minutes or so makes me very nervous about battery life, especially if it's windy. I usually go 10 minutes max.

But yeah, as long as battery and GPS stay good, the P3 will keep flying.

I have been looking and can't find the exact answer i'm looking for. My question is, using Litchi GS/Waypoints and assuming unlimited battery life, could I (theoretically) fly to waypoints 20 miles away and have it come back to me without worrying about it? I did a waypoint flight around my neighborhood. Shortly after I took off, I lost connection. P3S continued mission successfully and returned to me and I thought that it was the greatest thing going. That got me thinking, could I fly to the next town and back or say, have it fly to a friends house far away?
FYI - Waypoint missions are limited to 10-12km

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Of course remember Litchi will forecast how long the flight will last, anything or 15 minutes or so makes me very nervous about battery life, especially if it's windy. I usually go 10 minutes max.

But yeah, as long as battery and GPS stay good, the P3 will keep flying.
20 minutes and 4 miles is my standard. That's at 15mph and very light wind. Sometimes it returns with 50% battery but usually mid-30s, hasn't been lower yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl