Litchi App Crashing

Might just affect Nexus 7 2013 then, but a lot of people use them and the marshmallow 'upgrade' has only recently been pushed out. Anyway, if you are using one, stick with lollipop.

Alien what tablet and what version of Android?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Samsung Tab S 8" wifi 16Gb
Model SM-T700
Android Ver 4.4.2.
WiFi switched ON
Removed crapware.
DJI GO
Litchi
G'Maps
Map Ruler Pro
MX Player Pro
Chrome
Downgraded G'Play Services
Quality USB cable

Samsung S4
GT-19505
Ver 4.4.2
Hundreds of apps.

No video caching.
Latest quad FW including latest controller FW.

Litchi just freezes and is difficult to close and is hair-raising when the quad is two hundred metres away above a lake.
Like they say, "Once bitten, twice shy". Happened twice.... very shy now.
Having said that, I'll try updating Litchi and try again in a couple of versions time and test it under controlled conditions.
I'm not slandering Litchi and I understand that every device has it's own idiosyncrasies, I'm really hoping as the software becomes more refined it will work better on my device.

Also, I have never had DJI GO hang on the TAB S and if i've lost the signal, GO immediately resumes once signal strength resumes.
Not the same with my phone which has difficulties, which was why I purchased a dedicated tablet.

Hope all this information helps someone.

Cheers

Alien , have you joined the Litchi Google group? I had a problem yesterday, and found them incredibly responsive.

Reactions: JBG
Samsung Tab S 8" wifi 16Gb
Model SM-T700
Android Ver 4.4.2.
WiFi switched ON
Removed crapware.
DJI GO
Litchi
G'Maps
Map Ruler Pro
MX Player Pro
Chrome
Downgraded G'Play Services
Quality USB cable

Samsung S4
GT-19505
Ver 4.4.2
Hundreds of apps.

No video caching.
Latest quad FW including latest controller FW.

Litchi just freezes and is difficult to close and is hair-raising when the quad is two hundred metres away above a lake.
Like they say, "Once bitten, twice shy". Happened twice.... very shy now.
Having said that, I'll try updating Litchi and try again in a couple of versions time and test it under controlled conditions.
I'm not slandering Litchi and I understand that every device has it's own idiosyncrasies, I'm really hoping as the software becomes more refined it will work better on my device.

Also, I have never had DJI GO hang on the TAB S and if i've lost the signal, GO immediately resumes once signal strength resumes.
Not the same with my phone which has difficulties, which was why I purchased a dedicated tablet.

Hope all this information helps someone.

Cheers
Hardware or software acceleration?

Hardware

I will make the change and try a controlled test flight as weather permits.
There is one feature that is annoying... having to be connected to the net for licence validation. Is there a way around that? That is another reason i'm not overly excited about the app. It would be great to use when i am away camping. With GO i can cache the maps and use it anywhere.
I've noticed there is a pending Litchi update which i will run shortly.
BTW appreciate your input.

No problem, I have never seen the license validation, although I always either cache my maps before I fly or used my phones hotspot to download maps, but only when I first installed the app did I see the validation.

Also, I use the beta app when it is available

No problem, I have never seen the license validation, although I always either cache my maps before I fly or used my phones hotspot to download maps, but only when I first installed the app did I see the validation.

I just checked and the licence validation has been removed... There was a tiny advisory screen that used to advise "Validating Licence" which is now gone.
Will upgrade to latest version, set to video to harware and re-test.
I'll let you know how it goes. Weather lately is threatening rain so don't have any batteries charged.

I just got a Nvidia Shield K1 for the sole purpose of Litchi. I upgraded the tablet to marshmellow not kow there were any problems. But Litchi constantly crashes. Going to do a factory reset on the Shield and see how it does.

Last edited:
I just got a Nvidia Shield K1 for the sole purpose of Litchi. I upgraded the tablet to marshmellow not kow there were any problems. But Litchi constantly crashes. Going to do a factory reset on the Shield and see how it does.
What video encoding setting are you using? If you're running with android 6.0 you will need to go into the video encoding setting in app and select the android 6.0 option, then all will be well. Having said that, it would have been better if you hadn't upgraded as 6.0 on the K1 has loads of bugs I'm afraid.

Same story here
P3A
Nexus 7 latest OS
Litchi 2.5.1

Litchi crushes multiple times during flight.
I use mission hub to make my plans and when executing the mission the app crushes. I can run it again and have the live video feed and the mission continues but i cannot see the waipoints on the map.

Same story here
P3A
Nexus 7 latest OS
Litchi 2.5.1

Litchi crushes multiple times during flight.
I use mission hub to make my plans and when executing the mission the app crushes. I can run it again and have the live video feed and the mission continues but i cannot see the waipoints on the map.
If, by 'latest os' you mean android 6.0, that is your problem. You will need to upgrade Litchi to .2.71, then you will have an option for android 6.0 in hw video options.

After i got home i checked to make sure of my versions and i indeed had the 2.7.1 litchi.
I made that change you suggested but before i got the chance to test is the app was updated.

I've tested it with the new (3.0.1) version and its working as expected.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Wacker2611
I wonder how you got 3.0.1 working. I can't even open the app. It will crashed straight away. Reinstalling not solve the issue. Found out many people facing same problem

As will be argued with others, Update when they release ALL updates and it will operate as intended (by them). Or they will screw you in updates. Your call. I update

I update too.

Well i did nothing special to be frank.
I just updated and too the bird out to an open deserted place.

I used two batteries playing with the auto pilot features like follow me, panorama, orbit and stuff like that and had absolutely no problem.

So, if I am reading correctly, updating fixed it? Just making a point for the 'foil hat' crowd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31