Litchi App Crashing

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem...

I'm running Litchi on a 2nd gen Nexus 7... Everything working great for the most part.

Have run two longer waypoint missions and both times in about the same time and location after beginning from the waypoint the app crashes...I am able to restart the app, get into the waypoint mode and see that the P3 is still on its mission and finishes doing everything as it should....no issues but I get nervous as hell when the app crashes

Same here. Litchi is great, but crashed almost every flight. I have Nvidia Shield...

I have nexus 7, second generation. Thirty flights, one app crash with Litchi. Totally stock, running 5.1.1. Many threads here on the Google play services, have you perhaps a problem there?

Just like SiliconGeek, Nexus 7 2nd Gen, stock, 5.1.1 and have run over 50 missions and only crashed once or twice and that was three or four versions of Litchi ago.

I would suggest for better support to utilize Litchi's google group, they are very active there.

So if the app does crash and I can't reconnect should I assume it will finish the mission and do a RTH or will it RTH if the mission is interrupted ?

I am not really sure as the beta testers on the litchi googled group have a couple threads on this topic.

What I know is that if you put a action on you last waypoint to RTH it will work with no app.

Also if you are concerned, remember if you still have RC connection but no app you can always use the RTH button on the remote.

What I am unsure of is if you didn't put RTH on last waypoint and you loose RC and app, that I am and would be concerned about.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've only flown with the Litchi app a few times but the trouble I have is when trying to switch back and forth between apps. If I flew with DJI Go, land, then on the next battery try and bring up Litchi, it hangs/freezes, requires reboot. I'm using a Nexus 9.

The other problem I have is is I try and use my screen recorder app (Recordable, not the free one) which works perfectly with the Go app - it can't run with Litchi - not at all. The Litchi guys say that things are much less efficient using the SDK so 3rd party apps end up taking a lot more cpu power from the tablet.

Nhoover, when you say switch, you are killing the first app so that both are not running at same time, one should not be in background if other is running.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Using the latest Litchi app v.2.5.1 on a Nexus 2013 II, just upgraded to Android 6 (Marshmallow) this morning. Used to be rock solid but now the app crashes multiple times per flight. Going to try the Go app now and see if I get the same results.

Sorry to hear that, I believe litchi advised not to upgrade to 6, but they are testing now on a nexus 9 to try to fix the crashes

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not sure if it helps, but you say no to when it asks if you want to use usb debugging.

Reactions: JBG
I have 2.5.1 and it locked up on me when my phantom was hovering 100 meters up. I was going to take a panorama and it somehow locked up the app. I had to shut the app down and restarted and reconnect and then it was good after that. Not something you want to see. I felt a bit vulnerable for a minute.

Used 2.5.1 yesterday and today app crashed both days had to restart app mid flight, nexus 7 2013,

Disable USB debugging. It help me with version 2.2.2

Litchi crashes and doesn't recover on my tablet and phone. Tablet is for flying only and is bare bones. I end up switching to the GO app a few minutes into the flight. Litchi is far too unreliable to use with confidence.
Litchi has great potential but reliability must come before potential functionality.

Alien what tablet and what version of Android?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I love Litchi - used v2.5.1 last weekend for over an hour non-stop without incident on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 running Android 5.0.2... I also love that it can auto choose from all 32 channels without the hack... only had problems (and with DJI GO) on Nexus 7 (2012) and Rotor 10" (off brand tablet)...

Using the latest Litchi app v.2.5.1 on a Nexus 2013 II, just upgraded to Android 6 (Marshmallow) this morning. Used to be rock solid but now the app crashes multiple times per flight. Going to try the Go app now and see if I get the same results.
Yes, ive been in the same boat today. Eventually I decided to throw in the towel and have downgraded back to lollipop. Anyone with Nexus 2013, don't be tempted with the Marshmallow upgrade, it will become flaky.

Reactions: JBG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20