Litchi app and Android tablet

Reaction score
Hi
New to world of DJI and drones.

I want to try the Litchi app.
I see it only runs on Android.

Currently been using my cellular equipped ipad to do the duties for map data etc.

But I wondered if I get a small Android tablet to do the work for the Litchi app -
Do I need to get a android tablet that does cellular to provide 3G data for having a map

Im just sure of the map info is something that the dji helps with or the tablet has to have cellular equipped ?
I know its a stupid question but just not sure ....

I know I didnt address your question. But FPV is very similar, and its apple only

No, you dont NEED cellular data in the tablet. You could tether it to your phone though if needed. You can also cache the map data for where you are going to be flying by going to that location in the MAPS app and zooming and/panning around. The data will remain for a few weeks.

I use Litchi all the time on my WiFi only Samsung Galaxy Tab S... there is no need for cellular service expense at all.

Just like 111% Streve said, all you need to do is cache your map for the area to be flown ahead of time... since many of my flights with Litchi are preplanned GroundStation missions, the map is already cache from my original plotting of the waypoints and POI targets....

It's a great app for the android realm for sure...

thank you all for replies more research to be done now of fpv before making a decision

I use Litchi all the time on my WiFi only Samsung Galaxy Tab S... there is no need for cellular service expense at all.

Just like 111% Streve said, all you need to do is cache your map for the area to be flown ahead of time... since many of my flights with Litchi are preplanned GroundStation missions, the map is already cache from my original plotting of the waypoints and POI targets....

It's a great app for the android realm for sure...

I can save all settings on my Galaxy S5 phone with no problem (where I originally downloaded the app too), but for the life of me, I cannot save the settings on my Galaxy Tab S which results in having the lowest altitude set to 16 feet, map radius to 1650 and so on. Cannot pre-mission plan on the Tab. Only the phone due to this? Any ideas?

I'm new to the Phantom group and I would like to tell you that I have had my first crash. But no damage and I would like to tell you what happen.
I was flying over an area that is across the road from me that has new construction going on. I have been flying it for a good month and no problem till I lowered my altitude. From 30m to 20m and that's where I got in trouble. Yes I hit a tree on the way back to home after the mission was complete. Problem was it didn't return to home. So I went on a scavenger hunt with three others looking for it. Because of sun issues I couldn't see on the video the last place where I thought I lost it. We spent at least four hours looking for it amongst a lot of trees. After turning dark we gave up for another day
Because I was using Litchi I called around and found out the there is a item on the software general page that will tell you right where your last signal was seen. It's called FIND MY PLANE. So I went to it and sure enough it points an arrow right to the place of the last signal. It just so happen to be right across the road from my home so around ten at night I took my flash light and went over there and sure enough there it was laying at the base of a tree. No damage to it at all. But the battery was missing. So the first thing the next morning I walk over there and sure enough there it lay no more then three feet away from where I found the 3. So if you can't find it when you loose it, check out the line that says find my plane and if you haven't flown another flight with that controller it should point right to where it is. Just food for thought.

Hi
New to world of DJI and drones.

I want to try the Litchi app.
I see it only runs on Android.

Currently been using my cellular equipped ipad to do the duties for map data etc.

But I wondered if I get a small Android tablet to do the work for the Litchi app -
Do I need to get a android tablet that does cellular to provide 3G data for having a map

Im just sure of the map info is something that the dji helps with or the tablet has to have cellular equipped ?
I know its a stupid question but just not sure ....

Litchi is also on iOS mate and works great. If your using an iPad and it's not showing in the App Store go to the top right and change iPad to iPhone

My YouTube channel in my Sig has lots of videos on it

Www.youtube.com/c/flymyphantom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.