Litchi App – Time to Re-Try

Reaction score
I like the whole Litchi capability of mapping waypoints – great help to get better video.
I struggled a bit with getting it to work early on. Some bad luck - - some lack of useful knowledge not particularly defined in the early instructions.

Flew 2 or 3 successful missions OK - then had an issue as shown on the video (probably too tight an area to trust GPS accuracy). Switched back to P mode just in time to save the aircraft, but decided to pass on Litchi for a while – I am thinking it's time to re-try (keeping my finger on the PAF switch just in case).

I am tending to fly missions towards the edge of range capability lately.
If the Phantom loses R/C connections during a Litchi mission – apparently it continues
the mission. Assuming the final phase of the mission returns home - this could be good.
or pretty scary if the video and control signal is out for a significant period of time. Anybody have experience with this situation ?

I like the whole Litchi capability of mapping waypoints – great help to get better video.
I struggled a bit with getting it to work early on. Some bad luck - - some lack of useful knowledge not particularly defined in the early instructions.

Flew 2 or 3 successful missions OK - then had an issue as shown on the video (probably too tight an area to trust GPS accuracy). Switched back to P mode just in time to save the aircraft, but decided to pass on Litchi for a while – I am thinking it's time to re-try (keeping my finger on the PAF switch just in case).

I am tending to fly missions towards the edge of range capability lately.
If the Phantom loses R/C connections during a Litchi mission – apparently it continues
the mission. Assuming the final phase of the mission returns home - this could be good.
or pretty scary if the video and control signal is out for a significant period of time. Anybody have experience with this situation ?
Go to Udemy and take one of the classes. Teaches you everything. Laurence Seberini has a Phantom Film School. I highly recommend it. He is excellent.

Secondary question: I've tried saving way points on the litchi app I cannot figure out how to do that. Any Help appreciated.

Also I will check out udemy.

I assume you mean saving missions? When you are finished adding WPs and would like to save it, on the left side of the screen there is an arrow pointing down. Click on it and you will be asked to enter a file name. That's it. If you mean adding waypoints on the map, make sure you are on Waypoint mode (upper left hand corner) then just click anywhere on the map to add a WP.

Regarding your vid, it looks that the height of your first WP is lower than the height of the trees. You have to really be careful that your WP heights are higher than the tallest structure in the area. Unless you are intentionally setting WPs to shoot closer to the ground, you'd better be precise on your WP heights. IMHO that is dangerous. You are asking for trouble.

After setting the correct height on my first WP, I fly the ac higher than the tallest structure straight up then upload my mission. So when I click on Start, I know I will not hit anything on my way to the first WP.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20