Litchi and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 not working?

I have been struggling to get the combination of Litchi and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 working.

According to this thread, the combination should work.
Because the Nvidea Shield K1 is impossible to buy and I read good experiences I decided to buy a S2.

I have been trying several option.
I still get a lot of errors.

I can not get DJI Go working after I installed Litchi.
I know I have to get them exclusive USB rights. To change between them I have to modify the settings.
I have removed Go.

After I turn on the RC I have to reboot the tablet.
Otherwise I do have a connection with the drone, but get no camera image.
Missions sometimes fail to upload.I have to restart Litchi and also the S2.

With my mobile (S6 edge) I never have had problems with Go or Litchi.

I am thinking about returning the S2.
Has anyone got the combination working smoothly?
Please give me tips to solve this.
Hi I just bought the galaxy s2, using it in the phantom 4 and it will not connect. I don't have the dgi installed but this litchi wont connect. Does anyone have a solution for this.
I have galaxy tab s2 running 6.0.1 and found solution by changing the USB mode to RNDIS. Google how to enable USB debugging on Android. And change the USB mode from MTP to RNDIS. You will need to change it every time you connect the USB because MTP is default mode.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
OK I will try that.

Just bought a Phantom 4 and a new Samsung Tab S2. I am having huge trouble getting the tab to connect. it will on the odd occasion connect but probably only 5% of the time.I have a Galaxy S5 phone which connects fine.
When the phone connects the USB mode is charging, if I change to another mode it will not connect.
However when I connect my S2 the Mode is set to Transfer Media Files Via MTP. I have changed the USB mode in Developer options but as soon as I link the RC with and power up the mode in developer options changes to MTP again and I cannot change to anything else in the drop down except on the odd occasion "None":
I have downloaded Litchi, uninstalled DJI Go and have the same problem
This is very frustrating as I bought the S2 especially for the drone.
Anyone have any ideas apart from a sledge hammer and then a new Tablet.
Cheers

I have a Galaxy Tab A that has similar problems. Litchi is currently the only app loaded. Connects about 5% of the time if that. Android 6.0.1, debugging mode on. Multiple USB cables with the same result. UNTIL I switched USB configuration mode (under developer options) to RNDIS, then it started working consistantly. You will have to manually change the mode every time you want to connect. Yes, it's a nuisance but it's the least hassle of all. Funny, I don't have to do mode switching with my Galaxy S5 phone with Android 6.0.1.

Last edited:
Finally got it work;
Turned off Tablet IE powered down.
Powered up drone
Powered up RC
Restarted Tablet,
That all works but is a bit inconvenient.
Cheers

Reactions: k9time
I have been struggling to get the combination of Litchi and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 working.

According to this thread, the combination should work.
Because the Nvidea Shield K1 is impossible to buy and I read good experiences I decided to buy a S2.

I have been trying several option.
I still get a lot of errors.

I can not get DJI Go working after I installed Litchi.
I know I have to get them exclusive USB rights. To change between them I have to modify the settings.
I have removed Go.

After I turn on the RC I have to reboot the tablet.
Otherwise I do have a connection with the drone, but get no camera image.
Missions sometimes fail to upload.I have to restart Litchi and also the S2.

With my mobile (S6 edge) I never have had problems with Go or Litchi.

I am thinking about returning the S2.
Has anyone got the combination working smoothly?
Please give me tips to solve this.

I returned my S2 today and have have Litchi for a refund. Litchi is relativity expense app and as such should be far more easy to use. TOO many bugs and conflicts for sucha costly app.

Yeah I bought Litchi and a Tab s 8.4..It never connected and Litchi was
ABSOLUTELY
NO
HELP

At All. None. I wasted Days beating that dead horse.
"Turn on/off usb debugging, etc.

I kept Lichi but have never used it. They not, as they appear to think, the only game in town.

I am having the similar problems with my Tab s 8.4 .
I really like Litchi and I really like the Tab s. Unfortunately they don't like each other. My son and I have been working through the options/solutions without any joy so far .GO works perfectly but litchi lags between 4 to 10 seconds as well as a a consistent video stutter every 15 seconds.
We have tried different cables which made some difference to the stutter .I linked the P3A to another controller that I have .We rooted the tablet etc ,removed GO .Nothing seems to work .
The strange thing is that it works perfectly on my P3S so maybe it has something to do with how the Lightbridge on the A works as opposed to WiFi on the S ?
People have commented on Litchi Support advice being a waist of time .I found this part of a thread that seemed promising .It is for a different tablet though.

" So...I have some good news. I've solved the lag problem with the help of VC Tech, developers of Litchi ([email protected])

I couldn't find this resolution on the forum so hopefully this becomes part of the knowledge base for users of the Lenovo Tab 2 A8.

Apparently the new version, 3.0 includes a new video codec that the Lenovo couldn't handle. They have a workaround, but I agreed not to share it, so if you run into this issue, you'll have contact VC Tech directly.

One other note...Litchi's response to this was marvelous...quick and to the point. Kudos! "

Professional - Litchi camera lag

Have you tried changing the USB mode to "RNDIS"?
I have the Galaxy Tab S2. I have gone through of the "Developer Options" changed the setting to "RNDIS" and been able to fly, but the next time, have to do it all over again. My Galaxy Tab A works find with no USB changes. The S2 is Quirky!

I have the Tab s 8.4 .The Tab S2 is better in regards to these problems from what I have read. I will try the "RNDIS" and see if it makes any difference. I am also going to try vctech address. I am assuming this is different from Litchi support .

Also I rolled back the OS to android 5 awhile ago after having lots of trouble with 6 even on the P3S.

I realize this is an old thread but, I thought someone else might benefit from my recent problem. I had been using the workaround to connect to the s2, but recently had problems. I found "USB DEBUGGING" had been turned off,,,somehow. Turned it back on, and able to connect again by setting the usb config to : RNDS. Still takes some "fiddling" , real pain.
I turn on the S2 while going to my landing pad, and get the "Settings>developer options>usb config set to RNDS, then turn on the AC, then the RC. USUALLY works, but sometimes have to go back and set the usb config to RNDS again. Can't afford another tablet now, but when I can, it certainly WON'T BE A SAMSUNG.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic