Litchi and non gps ipad mini

Reaction score
I just broke down an bought the Litchi app. I use an ipad mini (no gps) and I have plotted my waypoints at my house thru my wifi. Will the Litchi app. work without wifi? I plan on doing some travelling this summer and I can't plan on wifi in Montana.
Thanks in advance

I just broke down an bought the Litchi app. I use an ipad mini (no gps) and I have plotted my waypoints at my house thru my wifi. Will the Litchi app. work without wifi? I plan on doing some travelling this summer and I can't plan on wifi in Montana.
Thanks in advance
Yes, Litchi will work without WiFi, but you will need to cache the maps of the area you plan to fly first.

If your out in the field just tether to your phone and cache the maps on your iPad then you can un-tether and fly. Do it all the time, works great[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, Litchi will work without WiFi, but you will need to cache the maps of the area you plan to fly first.

Does Litchi really need cached maps to execute a pre-planned mission?

For example: I plan and save a mission at home while connected to the Internet. I then travel to that place where there is no Internet connection. Would Litchi refuse start the mission? Doesn't the saved mission have all needed coordinates (although Litchi map might be blank)?

When running litchi I am having trouble switching to mode. On the controller I switch to mode. Go to wayponts or track I.e. and litchi says that I still need to switch to f mode. but switch is obviously on f. P mode works even A works but not f. Anyone have this happen to them ?

And I did try f mode with the go app everything works fine.

I figured out how to tether last night. I had no idea this was a thing. So in order to pull up a saved map you have to be in good cell coverage in order for the gps to be active correct? I plan on a trip to Montana next month and
I'm not sure how the coverage is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4