Litchi (and litchifly/hub) how to set POI camera facing earth vertically?

Reaction score
Hello,

Apologies if asked before but did not find it on the forum.
When creating a mission in Litchi app or flylitchi/hub (browser) I like to do a fly-over facing the camera straight to the ground vertically. If I chose "focus" the camera will look at the selected POI but that's not what I want. I want to fly over a place and point the camera vertically (90° down angle from the horizon).

I can't find it in the help files. What do I need to set for value and what type of selection ? I tried entering -90° when using "interpolate" but the symbol of the camera on the waypoint remains looking towards the next POI.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

If you just disable the Gimbal pitch you can just use the wheel on the RC. but you need to be in range.

Hello,

Apologies if asked before but did not find it on the forum.
When creating a mission in Litchi app or flylitchi/hub (browser) I like to do a fly-over facing the camera straight to the ground vertically. If I chose "focus" the camera will look at the selected POI but that's not what I want. I want to fly over a place and point the camera vertically (90° down angle from the horizon).

I can't find it in the help files. What do I need to set for value and what type of selection ? I tried entering -90° when using "interpolate" but the symbol of the camera on the waypoint remains looking towards the next POI.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Have you tried contacting the Litchi support directly? They respond to messages sent to them on their Facebook account

Reactions: Mavician
I believe you place your 2 waypoints and then select "disable" on the gimbal pitch. As you fly close to waypoint 1 you can manually pitch the gimbal down to the -90 angle with the gimbal wheel. The camera shouldn't move from that position unless you manually move it and you should get the effect you're looking for.

You need at least 2 waypoints for interpolate to work.

Put one before the area you want to film and one after, with the path over the area of interest. Set both to Interpolate with the gimbal set to -90.

The other way to do this is with an action at the first WP setting the "Camera Tilt" to -90. However, with this method you'll lose curved turns.

Why not just take off with the camera facing down then start the mission?

Neon Euc

I think the issue is a more complicated mission... Suppose you want to point straight down between two POIs that are the focus of the WPs around them... How do you set the gimbal angle coming out of the last WP focused on the POI?

Answer, Interpolate. I just ran two missions this morning to test this, and it worked pretty much as expected. Here's the "orbit" mission:

Does what what one expects orbiting around the POI with gimbal set to "Focus POI". After creating the orbit, added WP7,8, set both to interpolate, gimbal -90.

From 6 to 7 the heading turns toward the course, and the gimbal tilts down smoothly to straight down, then stays there until WP8, where the mission ended.

Reactions: Mavician

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl