Litchi and dji go 4 on same device?

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed hundreds of times already but I'm new so I gotta ask. Will litchi and dji not interfere with each other if installed on same device. I have a samsung galaxy note3 now and soon will have a ipad air 2. Do I force kill whichever I'm not using at the time or Uninstall altogether.
Both apps have features I like.

K. When I force stop the app or anything else it always throws up a warning about how force stopping can lead the app to act crazy. Is that all just B.S?

Installing both should not be an issue. Running both at the same time is something I have done successfully on my Ipad mini 4. However, I tend to only run one just for good measure. There are so many variables depending on each person's situation it would be wise to test for your own needs.

-- zigs

So many variables is exactly right. Lol. For now I suppose I'm gonna just have one app per device. That way I know. It's a pain that way but better than losing my bird.

Many pilots using Litchi are still using GO4 app in parallel for adjusting certain settings such as ie nbr days before battery to autodischarge *.

There is mixed feebacks re possible issue when running both apps at the same time. I think in reality they don't, as they are designed to suspend run when switching btw them if I'm correct, and craft firmware is enough smart to deal with another 'sudden' client to talk with.

I have both installed on Mini4 but as matter of precaution I personnally avoid having both apps 'open/loaded' at same time as maybe potential source of confusion for both me and software. But this is just me and possible overkill with note wiping out an app is easy and I don't want flying using both.

* Need also ie GO4 to enable HDMI module output as doesn't work when using Litchi (slider goes back from On, everything being connnected of course)

Last edited:
Good points. I'm over thinking this whole thing prolly. I appreciate everyone's advice.
It's nice to have a forum like this in order to discuss such topics.
To bad someone can't combine the best of litchi and dji go 4.
That would be a truly awesome app.

Reactions: RémyHeli
I also have both apps installed on my Android device, but when flying I make sure only one of them is running, most of the time it is Litchi.
GO app I use most often at home when checking settings which are not available in Litchi.

Before going out with the bird I close all apps on my tablet, connect to my WiFi, start Litchi and selecting the map of the area I'm gonna fly, close Litchi and disconnect from WiFi, but not shut down the device.
Never had any problems out in the fields following this procedure.

When flying a predefined mission I will download it before closing Litchi.

Sounds like an easy enough protocol practice you have.
Your using wifi to cache maps then take to wherever. If I have cell data turned on and my device has gps, could I leave it on and that way have updated maps?

Yes airplane mode is best bet. I have had that happen twice and each time I kept declining and they kept calling. I landed safely then proceeded to quit calling if I don't answer! Duhhhhhh.
I believe airplane mode will shut down wifi and cellular once on.
Is that a correct assumption

I can't offer advice about your Android device, but I can chime in regarding your intention to get an iPad.

I fly with a dedicated iPad Air 2 - non cellular - and what I do is enable a Hotspot from my iPhone and link the iPad temporarily in order to cache the map where I'm flying. Once cached, I disconnect and fly. Never had any issues with this.

I say 'dedicated' above, because I use this iPad pretty much only to fly my P4, and it has very few apps on it. I also fly with no other apps running than the one that I wish to use - Litchi or Go4 - and I strongly suggest that you do not run them simultaneously while flying - even in the background. Worst case, you could have a serious conflict resulting in any number of bad outcomes, and at a minimum, there is no sense in having the iPad's processor resources taxed by having any application running that you are not using.

Unfortunately, you will have repurchase Litchi for use on your iOS device(s), but for what it does, I think it's well worth it..

Most folks who use Litchi only use Go4 for IMU calibrations and some of the other things that only it can do from a maintenance standpoint. For the actual flying part, Litchi becomes their go to app...

just an update. Brockrock i bought a ipad air 2. i cannot believe what i have been missing. no lag or purple lines across my vid feed, the follow me works without my p4 flipping out and flying around like a lunitic. i use to blame it on the apps but now i know it was my device not being fast enough to hang.(sry litchi and dji for all the cussings you took). what an incredible experience. i was using a samsung galaxy note 3 and it handled them well with the occasional hiccup, but the tablet a i used was outmatched. thanks again guys

just an update. Brockrock i bought a ipad air 2. i cannot believe what i have been missing. no lag or purple lines across my vid feed, the follow me works without my p4 flipping out and flying around like a lunitic. i use to blame it on the apps but now i know it was my device not being fast enough to hang.(sry litchi and dji for all the cussings you took). what an incredible experience. i was using a samsung galaxy note 3 and it handled them well with the occasional hiccup, but the tablet a i used was outmatched. thanks again guys

Oh yeah!

Reactions: JohnnyD913

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub