Litchi Altitude ?

Reaction score
I am new here and no business really commenting on such things.....but, it would be nice to have a Litchi specific forum. Just saying.....

Anyway, when you set waypoints on a PC in Mission Hub and pick an altitude for each point, is that relative to the ground elevation at that point, or relative to the home position, or perhaps even the first waypoint? I live in fairly hilly terrain, so want to know how it is actually controlled so I keep an appropriate altitude. I have presumed so far for example that if I keep a constant 100 foot altitude at each point, it maintains 100 feet above ground and thus the craft goes higher or lower in hills or valleys. I think I might be wrong here....

And as a bit of a follow up question, can you simply set the entire mission to run at a constant elevation, and not vary the craft up and down as terrain changes?

Thanks!

Nope, all altitudes, those reported or programmed are referenced to the take off or Home position! One of the things that you have to watch out for when planning mission is changes is terrain along the route. No problem having the same altitude for the whole mission. Check me out, but I believe that as you add new waypoints, the altitude defaults to the last one, so if you don't change anything, all of the waypoints would be at the same altitude (again referenced to the Home location). just make sure that is is high enough to clear all obstacles (trees will be higher as the terrain rises!) and that the RTH altitude is high enough. By the way, if the altitude of the last waypoint is higher than the RTH altitude, the bird will stay at that altitude as it returns, if RTH is higher than the last waypoint, the bird will climb to the RTH altitude before returning.

Thanks! I flew a mission last night and was expecting some up and down movement in the craft and not much, so I figured I wasn't viewing this correctly. Good to know to say the least!
Cheers

You can use google earth to plan a mission then import it to litchi. That accounts for changes in elevation. Do a YouTube search "using litchi with google earth"

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Actually here is the video I watched to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

A good tip is to always sync your homepoint with waypoint 1. The other waypoints are relative to that.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj