Litchi & AirData information ....

Reaction score
A number of my P3P flights using Litchi for waypoint missions reveal something I don't quite understand. While the waypoint mission flight is successful, and the sensor data as viewed on the Airdata pages is totally green, the Notification pages shows a lot of Downlink data connect lost messages.

What does this mean exactly? Anyone know? The flights are without incident - no video or TX connectivity disruption that I can tell.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 12.57.31 PM.png

What does this mean exactly? Anyone know? The flights are without incident - no video or TX connectivity disruption that I can tell.
Downlink is your video and telemetry signal. Since these are so short, you would have probably only seen short glitches on your device in the video stream.

Downlink is your video and telemetry signal. Since these are so short, you would have probably only seen short glitches on your device in the video stream.
Can we think of any potential cause for these blips? Is it the tablet? Interference from some external source? Something to do with the RX? I'd like to get a handle on this.

Can we think of any potential cause for these blips? Is it the tablet? Interference from some external source? Something to do with the RX?
Ok, first make your airdata file fully sharable so the .csv file can be downloaded. Second option. Upload that ,txt file from your device to the link below, then share a link back here to that.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

another thing I've noticed with airdata is when I check cell info under power button, with all 3 of my batteries it shows at least 1 cell with a lot lower (43.6) than the rest (0)but still just in the green, today I used 1 of my batteries in my mates p3s and battery info showed all cells were equal ???

another thing I've noticed with airdata is when I check cell info under power button, with all 3 of my batteries it shows at least 1 cell with a lot lower (43.6) than the rest (0)but still just in the green, today I used 1 of my batteries in my mates p3s and battery info showed all cells were equal ???
I recently saw where Airdata recently added additional features. From what I have seen, I think there are "bugs" that need to be worked out.
The only way to know is to actually look at the original .csv data as per Post#4.

Ok, first make your airdata file fully sharable so the .csv file can be downloaded. Second option. Upload that ,txt file from your device to the link below, then share a link back here to that.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

Here is the share ...

Here is the loaded csv log ...

I'm not looking for a 'txt' file, am I? Litchi is CSV format, no?

I don't see much of anything helpful. Hopefully someone might spot the reason for the downlink drops ...

Last edited:
I don't see much of anything helpful. Hopefully someone might spot the reason for the downlink drops ...
Of several of these I have seen, I can only make a WAG. Due to the massive GO updates, some devices can't handle the processing, which would cause a similar thing, being that the video feed and telemetry are transmitted together and "drops" the feed due to capacity of the device to process both at the same time. Litchi is normally much better in this respect than GO. So, if I might suggest that you try a different one to differentiate between. That's the only thing I can think of other than a firmware issue, which shouldn't be a factor honestly.

Reactions: Avocet
Of several of these I have seen, I can only make a WAG. Due to the massive GO updates, some devices can't handle the processing, which would cause a similar thing, being that the video feed and telemetry are transmitted together and "drops" the feed due to capacity of the device to process both at the same time. Litchi is normally much better in this respect than GO. So, if I might suggest that you try a different one to differentiate between. That's the only thing I can think of other than a firmware issue, which shouldn't be a factor honestly.
For the record, I'm flying with a Nexus 7 2013 2nd gen. Once a favorite for flying DJI quads, but perhaps these are getting a little long in the tooth. I recently flew an Inspire 1 v2.0 litchi mission with the same tablet in a very similar environment, but no dropped downlinks ...

Lastly, I was using the copper parabolic range extenders on this P3P ... any possible impact?

Thanks for your trouble ..

Thanks for your trouble ..
Not a problem at all, that is one thing I think we are all here for, to assist where we can. Right ,wrong or indifferent.

Not a problem at all, that is one thing I think we are all here for, to assist where we can. Right ,wrong or indifferent.
See edit above.

Lastly, I was using the copper parabolic range extenders on this P3P ... any possible impact?
If this is what you are referring to, I would doubt that. Unless you were not in line with the Phantom. Those work similarly as the original antenna's but concentrate and focus the transmission forward and lessens the upward, and backward energy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164