List of Verified Authorized DJI Dealers?

Reaction score
Is there a verified list of Current Authorized DJI Resellers available?

Also, is the DJI product a "Fair Trade" product? (FairTrade practices were outlawed as a result of an antitrust legal action sometime in the mid 1970s)

Do Authorized DJI Resellers have to sign the equivaent of a Fair Trade agreement that requires them to only sell at retail?

Are resellers that are selling for a discounted price in violation of their agreement with DJI to be an Authorized Reseller?

I am trying to navigate the maze of deceit that seems to surround this product to get the info necessary to make the best informed decision possible.

I already tried the lowest cost seller with free shipping. Unfortunately, I received an incomplete shipment from a dealer that was apparently having to sell trans-shipped merchandise due to the injunction and didn't even have a FC40 camera in stock to replace the one missing from my order.

Eventually, I will be refunded for my incomplete Phantom FC40 that I received yesterday from a Seller that was apparently so bare on stock that they couldn't ship the missing part. I want to buy from an Authorized DJI Reseller this time around.

Hopefully, we can assemble a safe buying guide for the new buyer that is created from info volunteered by Authorized Resellers.

This way, folks can make the informed choice to buy/not buy from a seller who is not authorized and may not be able to maintain a sufficient stock level to back the purchase.

If I am duplicating something that has already been made available, please point me to the results. Otherwise, I would like to get a listing of dealers who are willing to go on record as a Current Authorized Reseller so we can separate them from the ones unable to support their sales.

Just as important, assembling a listing of unauthorized sellers could help the potential buyer and expose the posers.

Since the injunction, I've been recommending 1uas.com and atlantahobby.com. Both are dealers with strong ties to DJI independent of the channels set up by Colin, and still seem to be getting regular shipments of inventory and parts. I've also had great service from each of them.

HeliRy said:
When in doubt, use the list of dealers in The DJI website. http://www.dji.com/dealer/phantom-dealers/

Then ask around about the dealers mentioned and use common sense. If it seems too good to be true..... you know the rest.

The problem with that approach is that list contains 31 dealers affected by the injunction. As a matter of fact, I purchased from one on that list, and they were not able to send the missing camera and made no effort to appropriate a camera from existing stock (provided they had any more). They had sent 30 out (by their estimate). As a rule, if you get what you order, and it works, there is no little exposure to customer service excuses that aren't factually based, and the appearance of stability is projected and touted publicly. That is a house of cards.

There are under a dozen actual Authorized dealers that were not set up by Colin, and they are not restricted from receiving inventory.

The remaining ones may or may not get product trans-shipped to them from the current legitimate list. I hate it, but that is what the injunction has caused.

We are coming up on the corner of walk and don't walk as far as inventories are concerned. Container shipments from China take as long to deliver as the ship's speed and the distance traveled; plus processing overhead.

Whether or not the dealers on the injunction list are actually affected by it as far as stock levels are concerned should be revealed in the next 6 weeks. I sincerely hope that something is worked out to allow them to stock the product, as the injunction case continues. More than that, I hope that the actual facts come out to reassure the customer base and that we can get away from this conjecture fest.

The too good to be true part is that the dealer was selling at the newly announced retail price of $499, where there are others still selling at the original retail of $569.00. I found out today that the $499,00 price is the current retail on the Phantom FC40.

These are the things I am trying to find out and make available to help others make decisions that are based on fact.

I am still trying to sort through this to get an accurate picture. In the meantime, I bought another Phantom FC-40 for the current retail of $499 from a legit distributor who is actively receiving inventory. Paypal and the Dealer on the list from the DJI site can sort out the refund details on the one that was shipped incomplete and the Dealer listed on the DJI site required the Phantom FC-40 to be returned and then another one (if they could find it) sent out with the camera.

If they had simply sent the camera to complete the shipment, no problem. Their shipping department, after shipping out the estimated 30 sets has records of weights, and should have an idea of box size to confirm that the camera was not included in the original shipment. Honest mistake, but bonehead response from Customer Service - Fail...

OI Photography said:
Since the injunction, I've been recommending 1uas.com and atlantahobby.com. Both are dealers with strong ties to DJI independent of the channels set up by Colin, and still seem to be getting regular shipments of inventory and parts. I've also had great service from each of them.

I believe you have the right approach. It is a fluid situation, but you have to go with what you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers