List of android phones that work with phantom

Reaction score
Hi guys well I tried to get my new mobiles to sync with iTunes and it's no can do so I'm not buying an iPad mini 3 as it would really suck with the phantom, does anyone have a list of android phones that work well with the phantom 3 (sorry not phantom 4 because it's a dud), be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My Motorola Droid Turbo 2 works great with the DJI app.
f8b29027116f02d2232df7dac8c0eb7c.jpg

Does this look right?

I'm using a 7" Android tablet with my Phantom 3 Standard. You can get them on ebay for under $50. I had to buy a different bracket to hold the tablet because the holder that comes with the control doesn't open wide enough to hold the tablet. If you decide to get a tablet make sure it has gps.

I'm using a 7" Android tablet with my Phantom 3 Standard. You can get them on ebay for under $50. I had to buy a different bracket to hold the tablet because the holder that comes with the control doesn't open wide enough to hold the tablet. If you decide to get a tablet make sure it has gps.

Is it on the list of recommended from dji? If not is there any lag?

It just has to have Android 4.1.2 or later to work with the DJI Go app. My tablet has Android 4.4.2 and it works fine. There is a little lag between what I see on the screen and where the drone actually is but I don't think that has anything to do with the tablet. The video lag is between the drone and the control and it's only 1 second or maybe even less. I have a Phantom 3 standard, maybe the professional and advanced don't have any lag between the video they see on the screen and where the drone actually is but I know I do with mine.

It just has to have Android 4.1.2 or later to work with the DJI Go app. My tablet has Android 4.4.2 and it works fine. There is a little lag between what I see on the screen and where the drone actually is but I don't think that has anything to do with the tablet. The video lag is between the drone and the control and it's only 1 second or maybe even less. I have a Phantom 3 standard, maybe the professional and advanced don't have any lag between the video they see on the screen and where the drone actually is but I know I do with mine.

Standard is a good drone, I'm buying an advanced because of range and that's it, then hard to say where lag lies I will see

The control for the standard connects to the tablet by wifi. The pro and advanced connect to the tablet with a cord. If I had it to do over again I'd get the advanced too because of the farther range. I didn't think I would want to go farther than 1000 meters but I do now. The ipads are too expensive, that's why I bought an Android tablet. Whatever you get make sure it has gps; a tablet without gps will work with the DJI GO app but some of the functions, like the follow me mode or to set the home point to the position of the controller instead of where the drone takes off will not work.

i have great results with Samsung note 5 and a NAVIDIA shield tablet. Used on P3Pro.
I installed anti glare film to both and no problems.
When in a new area I tether the NVidia to the phone to load google maps.
AZ screen recorder works great to have telemetry on the video.

I have a Samsung 7" GT-N5110 tablet, works with Dji Go app, but when I hit video record, screen goes all screwy...red and lines!

Hi guys well I tried to get my new mobiles to sync with iTunes and it's no can do so I'm not buying an iPad mini 3 as it would really suck with the phantom, does anyone have a list of android phones that work well with the phantom 3 (sorry not phantom 4 because it's a dud), be greatly appreciated

Thanks

I have been using the Nexus 7 (2013) which I got off of Amazon. It works fine. The only issue I have occasionally is with the 3dr apps, not DJI Go app. I have to uninstall and reinstall the 3dr apps for my solo. I use it for both drones.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj