Lipo's stopped shipping Internationally April???

Reaction score
Has anybody else heard anything on this? Is this an April 1st Fools Day Joke? I have read it on a couple FB RC pages now.

So I checked out the two sites that I buy RC Lipos from and they are sold out of half of what they offer. Has there been a shortage of Lipo's from DJI or have they mentioned anything?

This is from the UPS Website
UPS: Shipping Batteries or Devices with Batteries

Not sure what the regulations are about Sea Frieght.

It doesn't make much sense when they can be carried fully charged in equipment - provided they are in a secure package so can't hit metal objects.
It will be all but impossible to enforce especially for smaller batteries, however the dealers won't be able to send out larger volumes so guess these are going to have to come in shipping containers sooner or later.
It would help if there wasn't almost a deliberate policy to keep changing the shape and style (got to be partially deliberate)

Over the last few years most passenger airlines have banned the carriage of Lithium Ion battery shipments. This recent change is as a result of ICAO bringing into effect this ban on a global basis. To be clear, shipments refer to quantities of batteries, typically bulk loads. This does not affect batteries installed or accompanying equipment - such as the battery(s) that come with a drone.

The ban does not affect the carriage of Lithium Ion batteries on Cargo Only Aircraft, which are already generally used to carry such loads.

I suppose 99% of all of the DJI stuff is already shipped to NA and Europe by sea. So I could only image this will have little to no effect on local sells.

Sending batteries in post has been an issue for a while in Europe,

I can't from spain send any device with a battery inside to any other country.

U.K. Is the same and also within the uk

No worries unless you live in some remote area of the world that doesn't have UPS cargo planes delivering to them. This applies to passenger planes carrying lipos for shipping purposes. I am all for this rule.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik