Lipo splitter concern

Reaction score
I bought a splitter or y adapter for the battery plug but I'm deathly afraid to try it because I've read horror stories about ones that are wired backwards that fry phantoms.

Any ideas how to check if its wired properly? Maybe use the battery charger somehow to check?

Are you talking about a parallel harness to run two batteries at once?

If so, what you need to check is that the red wire (the flat end of the XT60) on each female end join to a single red at the male end. Similarly, the two black wires (chiseled end of the XT60) join to a single black. Two reds becoming a single red; two black becoming a single black.

The one on the left below is the correct one.

Qjrhn7H.jpg

What you DON'T want is a harness that joins red wire to black wire, OR a chiseled end connecting to a flat end, regardless of color.

ElGuano said:
Are you talking about a parallel harness to run two batteries at once?

If so, what you need to check is that the red wire (the flat end of the XT60) on each female end join to a single red at the male end. Similarly, the two black wires (chiseled end of the XT60) join to a single black. Two reds becoming a single red; two black becoming a single black.

The one on the left below is the correct one.

Qjrhn7H.jpg

What you DON'T want is a harness that joins red wire to black wire, OR a chiseled end connecting to a flat end, regardless of color.

Perfect. Thank you.

Other folks here know way more than me about these things. But I think you could also check it with a mulitimeter. You should be getting 11.1 volts at the end of the single connector. That would be a surefire way of knowing. If you don't have a multimeter, they can be gotten pretty cheap at Harbor Freight or other places. I've got a cheap throw away mulitimeter I paid around $10 for at HF years ago and it still works.

RenoReno said:
Other folks here know way more than me about these things. But I think you could also check it with a mulitimeter. You should be getting 11.1 volts at the end of the single connector. That would be a surefire way of knowing. If you don't have a multimeter, they can be gotten pretty cheap at Harbor Freight or other places. I've got a cheap throw away mulitimeter I paid around $10 for at HF years ago and it still works.

+1, the best way to be sure. HF was giving away that $10 multimeter last year, some kind of ridiculous "100% off free shipping" promotion. I got one but never used it.

Sorry about bringing this back from the grave, but is there a preferred seller on ebay or amazon for buying one of these cables? I want to get a good one, but without overpaying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj