Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Lipo Power

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by THell, Dec 22, 2013.

1. THell

So I have a whole bunch of high MaH 7.4v lipo batteries. I was thinking instead of running AA's would it be better to run a cable out of my TX to a deans connector and just power off of the Lipo as well perhaps run the Wifi extender off the Lipo as well

I am not sure what type of battery is in the wifi extender and how much draw the new 14db antenna will use from this as well

I figure since I will have the Transmitter, a Samsung 7 inch tab for fpv as well as the wifi extender and the TP Link 14db might as well add more weight and run all external batteries this way I can patch it all together nice and neat...

any thoughts...

2. socman

I believe the transmitter takes 4 AA batteries....which at 1.2 - 1.5V each is 4.8 - 6V.
    Your 7.4V lipo may fry it. I'd check to see what the voltage range on your tranmitter is before even thinking about doing something like that.

I personally would not attempt this though. Last thing you want is your TX running out of battery.....

3. Driffill

Not to mention that the 7.4v battery will probably hit close on 8v when full . . . If you really wanna try this out, I'd but a small BEC and use that to regulate the voltage, the ones I've bought have a jumper to select 5 or 6 volts and can pump 3A (@5v). I recently wired one of mine up so that I can charge my gopro while its still in the tarot gimbal. I don't have the BEC mounted to the phantom, it's just for when its landed.