lipo power saving

Reaction score
I expect somebody can answer this query, if I fly my phantom 200 mts full speed, turn around and come back home and consume xxx v? power, then if I fly the same flight distance at a much slower speed do I use more power as it's flying for a longer time or less power as I'm flying slower?

I don't know if anybody knows the sure answer, but it's been theorized that the RTH speed might be the most efficient speed since that's the one the DJI engineers chose to come home. That's around 16 mph I think, depending on your aircraft.

I expect somebody can answer this query, if I fly my phantom 200 mts full speed, turn around and come back home and consume xxx v? power, then if I fly the same flight distance at a much slower speed do I use more power as it's flying for a longer time or less power as I'm flying slower?

its a really interesting question - I would think you would be able to determine this by looking at the healthy drones data - because you can see the battery voltage by the time stamp. So all you would have to do is make a couple of flights and compare the data of flying back like a bat out of hell vs. flying back at a less aggressive speed and see what the voltage of the battery does over the same period of time.

(Of course this is also assuming that, in general, your wind conditions etc were basically the same).

Thats sounds agood answer to me [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

its a really interesting question - I would think you would be able to determine this by looking at the healthy drones data - because you can see the battery voltage by the time stamp. So all you would have to do is make a couple of flights and compare the data of flying back like a bat out of hell vs. flying back at a less aggressive speed and see what the voltage of the battery does over the same period of time.

(Of course this is also assuming that, in general, your wind conditions etc were basically the same).

just one small problem with this very good suggestion, until I get back to the UK in May and getting my new P3P I'm still using my old P1 v1.1.1 out here in Spain using a 3000Mah lipo and just thought it would be an interesting question to ask.
I just done a flight as I described, fast in nil wind so I suppose I could do the same again next time we get nil wind and fly slower to see the difference, my fast flight I had 11.5v left in the lipo so I'll see what I get flying slower, I just thought somebody might have had the the answer;)
thanks for your replies

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl