LIPO on a plane

The terminals need to be covered up also. Msinger can provide terminal covers/protectors if you need them

Hi Sir, did the customs in Abu Dhabi stopped you for your p3p?

I will be heading to switzerland and transiting in Abu Dhabi too, hence a little concern with the customs at Abu Dhabi, as i have heard about the strict drone laws there.

Thanks

They did open all of my carry on luggage, they saw the drone and the batteries but they didn't make any problems at all. I think if you are just transiting it's safe to take the drone with you

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I just got back from Cancun about a month ago and did not have any problems bring my P3P with me. United allows one carry-on and a personal bag. I had the same carrying case as the OP. I took it on the plane with me as a carry on and placed my discharged batteries in a LIPO bag, with the metal terminals covered with electrical tape, in my backpack. I was expecting the worse, but no one said a word leaving and returning to the US. My backpack was flagged and searched by customs when leaving Mexico. I just showed them the drone while they were looking at the batteries and the customs agent just smiled and let me go.

We are going to go out of the country on vacation flying Delta airlines international. I specifically called the airline security department to ask about the lipo batteries policy, I am bringing the drone + 3 batteries. The lady that I spoke to said that it is recommended to bring the batteries "partially discharged" , no word on fireproof bags but she mentioned "isolated" from each other to avoid a short during flight.
When I asked what does "partially discharged" means, she said "we do not want to see" fully charged 100% percent batteries, 25% or less will do. The batteries need to go in the carry on, must not be in the check-in luggage.

To be on the safe side the battery should not have more than one bar of charge.

She is going to send that info in an email format that I am going to print and bring with me.

I'm sure you would probably get away with placing the batteries in a ziplock bag. I just wanted to be safe rather than sorry. The last thing I wanted to have happen is to get to the airport, have customs give me a hard time about the batteries not being wrapped properly and refusing to let me bring them on the plane. At that point I would have to choose between leaving them behind ($100.00+ loss) for each battery or leaving the airport to take them home (impossible because I would miss my plane). The LIPO bag on Amazon is about $10.00. There is no reason to take a chance in that situation. I spent the money to have piece of mind. https://www.amazon.com/Safty-Guard-...=UTF8&qid=1473608896&sr=1-5&keywords=lipo+bag

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik