Lipo fire bags, good investment or not?

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have been looking into buying small fire bags for my p3 battery's. I have six of them in a Nanuk case that I take everywhere. It also holds the p3, 4 custom glass ND filters, booster, controller, props, motors, and many other expensive parts. I never let it get to hot. Windows down or ac on. I live in ND so the hottest it gets is 95. Just worried I could lose it all if one blew up..... Any suggestions? The bags would take a little fitting in the case witch I can do. But has anyone had a problem yet?

I use the bags more for charging rather than transporting them. But that's just me. I guess if there is a chance they will get punctuated in some way the bags would be a good idea.

Reactions: bobmyers
Lipo Safe Bags are the only one I use. Better safe than sorry. See YouTube vids to show how well they work. You may be surprised.

Reactions: bobmyers
Thanks guys. Better safe than sorry. 25 bucks for the two bags is probably worth it. Young bill is it usually overcharge or puncture that causes this?

Last edited:
All great practices! Just one add to this--Use those ammo boxes in the house where it is cool to store the batteries-- and even charge them-- but don't store them in the car in an ammo box-- this will be like keeping the batteries in oven if they are in the vehicle without the ac running or sitting in the direct sun light.

Hey Tyrellp3a - whereabouts in ND are you? Eastern? Nice to meet up?!?!

If charging in an ammo box, do you close the lid (loosely as cord will hang out)?
Or just lay it in the bottom to contain any fire that could break out if battery has a problem?
I would guess it would be fine to lower the lid with cord running out - and safest.

If charging in an ammo box, do you close the lid (loosely as cord will hang out)?
Or just lay it in the bottom to contain any fire that could break out if battery has a problem?
I would guess it would be fine to lower the lid with cord running out - and safest.
I questioned the same. I felt that if I closed the ammo box and locked it minimal air inside might cause the box to explode if it were to fail. So I leave it slightly ajar to allow the flame out to escape. I still leave them in a Lipo Safe Bag while charging them in the ammo box. (Wish I could afford to experiment with an intelligent batt to see the differences.) anyway, practice charging them SAFELY! Any better suggestions are MORE than welcome,

Last edited:
Hi folks!

We just launched a LiPo Fire Accident Assessment Free Survey on Google Forms.

LiPo Fire Accident Free Assessment

The purpose of the Assessment is to build and share a free data base to document, analyse and increase awareness of LiPo Fires accidents happening worldwide.

Assessment results, and possibly a final analysis report, will be openly and freely available a few days after the deadline of October 15th, 2015 via@DroniRoma main social media channels (Twitter, G+, Instagram).

Whether you are a professional unmanned vehicle operator or an RC hobbyist, help sharing this assessment within your fellows and circles if you like this initiative: the more people are involved, the more useful the assessment will be for the RC and professionals community!

All collected data will be anonymous, and completing the assessment is just a matter of less than a couple of minutes.

Thank you in advance for your time and contribution!
- DroniRoma

i bought this
RC LiPo Li-Po Battery Fireproof Safety Guard Safe Bag Charging Sack 18x23 OR

heres my pic
0Z2Vkh2.jpg

I cannot vouch for there effectiveness (hope I don't have to), but I store my batteries in these Hobby Tiger bags.

Personally I use one like that LiPo Safe Battery Guard Charging Protection Bag Explosion Proof 240X65X180mm New to put up to 3 batteries when travelling.
For single battery, I use this one LiPo Safe Battery Guard Charging Protection Bag Explosion Proof 185x75x60mm New, the packing material of the original DJI packing of battery nicely fit in it. This is for airplane travel where it is safe from shock and fire.
Finally I use at home ammo boxes to charge and store my batteries. I have put a fire detector in each which are wireless and connected to the fire detection system of my house.
Sure you will wake up in case of an issue but don't hit them or they will start a fire alarm test :oops:
2016-08-17 22.44.42.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic