Linking Issue - Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
I purchased a used Phantom 3 Standard from a friend who had crashed the drone with the only damage being a bent yaw arm. When I picked up the drone we test flew it using his phone. The drone flew fine, the camera picture was fine just tilted due to the arm damage.

Yesterday I removed the gimbal and replaced the yaw arm, reinstalled everything and went to take it for a test flight. Downloaded DJI's App and tried to connect everything with no luck what so ever.

I have a red light on the controller, a red solid light on the drone link button and the Status LEDs are blinking fast yellow. The App shows No Signal at the top and there is no camera view.

I spent a good hour on the phone with DJI, I have tried to link it per the instructions more times than I can count.
When I try to link the RC connection the link button never blinks red and so it will not connect. Also when pressing the link button there does not seem to be a solid depression or click like you would expect from a button, not sure if that is normal or the link button is broken.

At any rate, wondering if any of you have experienced this and what the fix was? Is the drone somhow still linked to his phone causing the problem or is there some other way to try and link these that is not in the manual? Don't really want to send this back to DJI and have to deal with this through them, the poor support on the phone today was enough for me with them.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Are you connect your device to the TX with no issues?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Are you connect your device to the TX with no issues?

As far as I can tell there are no issues with connecting the phone to the drone over WiFi. It connects with a good signal. I have tried both an HTC One M9 and Iphone 6. Both seemed to connect.

Hi! a silly question, are you conecting to the dji wifi? i had a similar problem with the linking button!! i opened the phantom and installed an oem one. let me know how it goes!

Hi! a silly question, are you conecting to the dji wifi? i had a similar problem with the linking button!! i opened the phantom and installed an oem one. let me know how it goes!

I am connecting to the only DJI WiFi my phone picks up so I believe so.

Your problem was the button itself and replacing it on the board fixed the issue? Do you happen to have a part number for the button? It is out of warranty so I am leaning towards taking it apart before just sending it to DJI to get screwed on the price of repair. I am more than capable of soldering on a replacement button.

Thanks for the tip!

i had to replace the button because it was broken! maybo yours isnt in that way!!
what happens when you press the linking button?
if you have no camera view when connecting to the phantom wifi signal maybe you have a oroblem in the wifi module in the bird!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers