Linking a used controller to new Phantom.

Reaction score
Hello, recently I got a new Phantom 3 because of warranty. DJI shipped me just the aircraft since I already had controller and chargers. When I try to link my new Phantom to my old controller though it won't work. I have been searching online for how to link it but can't anything.

I believe it is in the manual. If you try to link in the app (which is what you have to do) it might even instruct you. I believe you go into the app and go to link the RC, and then push (or perhaps hold) the button on the phantom on the side of the vision position sensor behind the camera.

Hello, recently I got a new Phantom 3 because of warranty. DJI shipped me just the aircraft since I already had controller and chargers. When I try to link my new Phantom to my old controller though it won't work. I have been searching online for how to link it but can't anything.
In the manual there is a section about the remote controller and a subsection titled Linking the Remote Controller
Page 28 in the manual for the Advanced - not sure which model you have.
It's pretty easy to do,

I believe it is in the manual. If you try to link in the app (which is what you have to do) it might even instruct you. I believe you go into the app and go to link the RC, and then push (or perhaps hold) the button on the phantom on the side of the vision position sensor behind the camera.

I am not able to read my manual at the moment. I used the video tutorial in app to try and link it but my controller does not start the searching process. I will post more details in the morning when I have the chance.

Its just like returning to factory defaults on a router, modem, NAS etc. Look at the bottom rear or the phantom (the undercarriage where the VPS and uktrasound is. There will be a red light on the side with a small hole next to it where you can poke the end if a ball point pen, paperclip (un bent), toothpick, the SIM tray openening tool that came with your IPHONE etc into it. Push it in (you dont have to push hard) for three seconds or so and release then enter the link aircraft setting in your GO App (remote needs to be on and connected to App).

Im sure its explained clearer in the manual however this is all there us to it.

Fresh AC do an IMU followed by gimbal calibration (even if it says not needed) and get a good compass calibration in before you fly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1