Linked YouTube videos not capturing views

Reaction score
I'm finding that when we link our youtube videos here in the forum, the view counts are not reflecting on youtube. For example; say the forum thread shows 100 views, but YouTube only shows 20. If that were true then 80 people opened up the thread and then didn't click on the video to watch. Or 20 other people just happened upon it on the YouTube page (because the video was public) and none of the 100 thread views counted at all.
Thoughts and experiences?

Many people may read the message but elect not to view a video for a variety of reasons, not the least of which might be time available or subject matter.

Not a big deal.

AD

I'm finding that when we link our youtube videos here in the forum, the view counts are not reflecting on youtube. For example; say the forum thread shows 100 views, but YouTube only shows 20. If that were true then 80 people opened up the thread and then didn't click on the video to watch. Or 20 other people just happened upon it on the YouTube page (because the video was public) and none of the 100 thread views counted at all.
Thoughts and experiences?
This video has about 400+ views on skypixel, but on youtube, it only has about 130 views. It may be a case of clicking and not actually watching, but I'm not 100% sure.

Remember that a lot of folks visit the forum using phones, and many may not want to use data watching a video.

Thanks everyone. My perception was very much askew on this. I should make sure I label my threads as being 'video' as many visitors of the threads may have been disappointed to only have video links.

I study view counts quite often. In fact I'm closely watching my latest vid count right now. YT is sometimes slow to update. I've seen where I have got several views before and it took over 24hrs for YT to recognize them... I also think you need a certain view time in order to get a count, but don't quote me. If someone clicks your link and watches the first 5-10 seconds of your 3 min vid, I don't think that will count as a view.

In the end it's all small peanuts:). When we start getting the amount of views we want, we won't even be worrying about how the counts are tallied.

Reactions: JxBx80
There is definitely something wrong with how counts are incrementing. I did a test and only shared it on this forum, counts didn't increment though I know several viewed it. YouTube does say that autoplay embedded links don't increment, but it also seems unless you view it from YouTube, it may not count the view at least on this forum

I should make sure I label my threads as being 'video' as many visitors of the threads may have been disappointed to only have video links.

You need to take it one step further and do some clickbaity stuff to get the views. Examples:

"You won't believe what my Phantom camera caught on video!! (18+ ONLY!)"

"Watch what happens when a Phantom is attacked by killer bees!"

" 'They' won't let this video stay up long. Watch while you can!"

Reactions: Green Phantom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan