Lines On video

Reaction score
Hi guys wondered if you can help with this,
Had my drone a week now took it to my golf course tonight 6pm and flew up the 5th hole tough little par 3 ;)

As you can see there are lines across the video, this only happens when I fly with the sun in front. I wondered if anyone else has seen this and is there some setting that can stop it.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437849114.222412.jpg

Had my drone a week now took it to my golf course tonight 6pm and flew up the 5th hole tough little par 3 ;)

As you can see there are lines across the video, this only happens when I fly with the sun in front. I wondered if anyone else has seen this and is there some setting that can stop it.
View attachment 25778
over exposed, they are called Zebra -- you can turn them off in the app or dial them out with the controller exposure knob
If you want to know more-- Do a search on the forum. they have been discussed several times

View attachment 25778
Don't see it, but it sounds like you have the Over-Exposure setting enabled.......IOS device right? somewhere in camera settings you should be able to disable the over-exposure warning. Good Luck

Thanks guys I'll do a search on the forum, how do people upload there videos on here btw what's best way ? Upload to Vimeo and link ?
Yes Lou IOS device

Sound more likely shadows from the prop as he's fly into the sun. Zebra pattern will never be seen on video footage but on your monitor indicating overexposure.

Sound more likely shadows from the prop as he's fly into the sun. Zebra pattern will never be seen on video footage but on your monitor indicating overexposure.
misunderstood his question -- I see now where he asked about "video"
Thank you:)

Some use ND filters or a sun hood to block out the unwanted noise (prop shadow)..

Sun hood ? How does that work ?

It shades the lens.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437865101.212578.jpg

Prop shadows can occur when flying into the sun, and the shadows fall on the lens that isn't otherwise shaded.

You can reduce the effect by flying at a different time of day (when the sun is not above your props casting a shadow on the lens), not flying into the sun (fly backwards later reversing the footage might change the attack angle of your props enough to avoiding the shadow falling on the lens, use a ND filter, which will slow down your shutter speed, resulting in a less noticeable shadow, use a lens hood to shade your lens, or perhaps raise your elevation and drop the angle of the camera, and/or fly slower so the props are not leaning hard over the camera.

It shades the lens.
View attachment 25802

Prop shadows can occur when flying into the sun, and the shadows fall on the lens that isn't otherwise shaded.

You can reduce the effect by flying at a different time of day (when the sun is not above your props casting a shadow on the lens), not flying into the sun (fly backwards later reversing the footage might change the attack angle of your props enough to avoiding the shadow falling on the lens, use a ND filter, which will slow down your shutter speed, resulting in a less noticeable shadow, use a lens hood to shade your lens, or perhaps raise your elevation and drop the angle of the camera, and/or fly slower so the props are not leaning hard over the camera.

Taz brilliant, thanks a lot !!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj