Limited Range with New Vision 2 +

Sorry Heisenberg.. it was meant to be a preview video clip for a limited audience.

Watch on a PC or Mac to see text sub-titles.

There are two drones in the preview video:
  • One is a Repeater Drone (it carries two repeaters for the P2V+ drone)
  • The other drone is an unmodified P2V+ (the Worker Drone)

The new REDbird device is a 5.8ghz RC Repeater. It re-broadcasts the Phantom 2+ controllers 5.8ghz data packets.

Now there can be two repeaters for a total solution:
  • DJI 2.4ghz WiFi Repeater
  • REDbird 5.8ghz RC Repeater
Both repeaters now separate ground control from the final radio uplink points.

Put both repeaters on a camera tripod and set in your car or in a shaded area.
Or, put then on a second repeater drone and fly them above your head.

--------------------------

Did I explain it correctly? (my profession is electronic design and mfg; not advertising; could use help in that area.)

What exactly are you advertising?? Watched your video... Am I the only one not getting it? Looks like a normal flight without mods....??
Sorry... I meant this video to be a preview for a limited audience.

There is now a repeater for the 5.8ghz RC control link. Using it along with the DJI 2.4ghz WiFi Repeater makes a total radio-repeat solution.

Now the human control point and the final radio uplink points are separated. Mount both repeaters on a camera tripod and set comfortably in your car or in a shaded area. Or, mount to a second repeater drone and let it hover above you.

Watch the video on a PC or Mac to see the text sub-titles:

Update:
So I disconnected and reconnected two of the ribbon cable connectors going into the gimball, one of which was the 4 wire connector. Took it out and now I've got well over 3 times the range I once had! WTH!? What would the camera/gimball connections have anything to do with the wifi signal?

wow that is amazing !

wow that is amazing !

Its not amazing. Its a common fault when a P2VP crashes. The 4pin clip gets damaged and does not sit firmly. You will find that telemetry data drops in and out. They should have designed it without the clip. If it crashes, just let the connectors slide out.

That's about the 3 or 4th time I have heard that the 4 pin connector on the gimbal has caused some issues. We will have to keep that one under the hat and hang on to it. Glad you got her working again.

The new REDbird device is a 5.8ghz RC Repeater. It re-broadcasts the Phantom 2+ controllers 5.8ghz data packets.

Now there can be two repeaters for a total solution:
  • DJI 2.4ghz WiFi Repeater
  • REDbird 5.8ghz RC Repeater
Put both repeaters on a camera tripod and set in your car or in a shaded area.
Or, put then on a second repeater drone and fly them above your head.
Repeater Drone Technology

So I guess you could also put this on a pole and mount on top of a house and then fly around your neighbor hood? Trees would no not be an issue for this Repeater Drone Technology ?

I use an I pad air or I phone 5c for FPV so I don't have this problem but I've been told by a very reputable DJI dealer that if you are not using an apple product for FPV you have much better results by being in airplane mode an then linking to the phantom wifi.... Apparently non apple products will search for a better wifi signal and drop you off your phantom wifi.... I do NOT know this first hand as I'm using Apple this is just what I've been told... Good luck!!!
Can't do the airplane mode as this shuts off wifi and Bluetooth . Has to have the option to not connect to strongest signal.

i have a similar connectivity issue, but, have a new 4 pin cable after a crash last winter.
i guess i should open her up and check both ends and make sure i have nothing loose
with that cable and try again....

Can't do the airplane mode as this shuts off wifi and Bluetooth . Has to have the option to not connect to strongest signal.

true.... but when you first go in "airplane mode" (on my devices) I still can go back to WiFi and enable them to "on" and get connectivity......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl