Limitations with the FC40

Reaction score
I purchased my FC40 about 3 months ago and when I was not used to flying it, it seemed to go pretty high. Probably about 400 feet high and 600 feet out or so.

Then all of a sudden a change happened. Now when I go straight up at about 150 feet, it kicks into fail safe mode and returns to home. Same thing happens when I go about 400 feet down the street at a height of 50 feet or so.

It seems like I have some kind of limit restrictor on it of some kind. I plugged it into the software and it says that both settings are at 2000m and that is the way it came.

Has anybody else dealt with this and if so how did you solve it?

louiebaur said:
I purchased my FC40 about 3 months ago and when I was not used to flying it, it seemed to go pretty high. Probably about 400 feet high and 600 feet out or so.

Then all of a sudden a change happened. Now when I go straight up at about 150 feet, it kicks into fail safe mode and returns to home. Same thing happens when I go about 400 feet down the street at a height of 50 feet or so.

It seems like I have some kind of limit restrictor on it of some kind. I plugged it into the software and it says that both settings are at 2000m and that is the way it came.

Hi,
I have an FC-40 and i have no limitations i was just up around 900ft yesterday the reason i know the altitude i was next to my brothers P2V and his shows altitude.
i have the latest firmware update.

louiebaur said:

Check no broken or disconnected antennas (Phantom and TX)

When the fpv was installed they did it with 5.8 ghz which is the same as the fc40. I got a futaba installed and the sky is the limit. These hobby shop people should know this stuff

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj