Limit the speed of P4?

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is a way to limit the speed of the Phantom 4, let's say at 15m/s, during sports mode?

Why not just switch off sport mode?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would like to know if there is a way to limit the speed of the Phantom 4, let's say at 15m/s, during sports mode?
That's not possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: zacksomeone
You might to be able to do it physically, making something to limit the stick movement. There is no option to do this in DJI Go afaik

Why you go in sport mode if you don't want the speed?

The reason is that, by experimenting, I noticed that drainage of the battery is less if the speed is about 15m/s.This has to do with the efficiency of the motors. 1 km distance with 15m/s requires about 5-6% of the battery. If the speed is 10m/s or 20m/s the battery required is about 8% per km. The conclusion is that, if you want to extend the range of the drone, speed has to be around 15m/s.

Reactions: rosgo
What about reduce the throttle down in Go App expo settings?

Actually increase throttle expo to temper motors/consumption. It's a very common settings with helicopters.

Actually increase throttle expo to temper motors/consumption. It's a very common settings with helicopters.

The question is, at what speed the motors are most efficient so the current drawn from the battery is "low" and obviously the temperature of the battery will be lower and effectively the life time of the battery is higher.

One does not simply go into sport mode to save battery...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj