Limefuel 6000Mah Available

Got mine charging it up now will test it tomorrow

dptcalvin said:
msinger said:
Phantom8529 said:
DJI Battery: 13.14 minutes
Limefuel L54P 13.15 minutes
Limefuel L60P 14.47 minutes
Limefuel is advertising an extra 10 minutes "depending on flight conditions". Interesting.
Do you believe everything sellers tell you? :D
Yes -- yes, I do. They are not guilty until proven innocent.

They might say 10 mins extra but that is not believable.
At 6000 mAh the battery has 15% more juice than the standard 5200 mAh.
If that translated to 15% more time than the theoretical 25 mins of a DJI battery, we would be looking at 3 mins 45 sec extra.
But if you toss in some real world physics, the motors would have to work harder to allow for lifting the additional weight of the larger battery and this eats some of the additional time.
So there is no way this will give you 10 mins extra flight time.
If it was that easy to get 10 mins extra, we'd all be flying for 45 mins by now.

Meta4 said:
They might say 10 mins extra but that is not believable.
At 6000 mAh the battery has 15% more juice than the standard 5200 mAh.
If that translated to 15% more time than the theoretical 25 mins of a DJI battery, we would be looking at 3 mins 45 sec extra.
But if you toss in some real world physics, the motors would have to work harder to allow for lifting the additional weight of the larger battery and this eats some of the additional time.
So there is no way this will give you 10 mins extra flight time.
If it was that easy to get 10 mins extra, we'd all be flying for 45 mins by now.

Limefuel has shaved some serious weight somehwhere. Does my head in where they saved it...
The DJI 5200 is 400grams.
The 5400 is 372grams and the 6000 is 373grams
http://www.limefuel.com/pages/product-air

So in real world physics, the weight is only affected by 1gram between the 5400 and 6000....

msinger said:
Yes -- yes, I do. They are not guilty until proven innocent.
I've got some stuff I could sell you then...

Mako79 said:
Limefuel has shaved some serious weight somehwhere. Does my head in where they saved it...
The DJI 5200 is 400grams.
The 5400 is 372grams and the 6000 is 373grams
http://www.limefuel.com/pages/product-air
Not quite that much ... my DJI batteries weigh 368g

You'd be looking at something like 2-3 minutes additional flying time
I don't see Limefuel saying 10 mins extra on their website - but it has been on an Amazon ad.
It might not have come from Limefuel at all.
They'd be crazy to have ever suggested 10 mins.

Meta4 said:
I don't see Limefuel saying 10 mins extra on their website - but it has been on an Amazon ad.
Right -- I saw it on Amazon here.

It's Limefuel's listing. Perhaps they accidentally added a zero :)

Last edited:
It actually says on the battery pack itself 30min flight time

I also noticed "easy to insert and remove". Can anyone confirm they are easier to remove than DJI batteries?

I just received my Limefuel 6000 today. Build quality feels about 90% of DJI's OEM battery. Mine is just barely easier to remove than DJI batteries.

Ok... just survived my first L60P flight. The battery seems about the same weight, shape and size as the OEM's. The contacts are smaller and round as opposed to my old school DJI battery contacts (square and larger). Otherwise I couldn't detect any real difference. The fit was snug - a bit tighter than my battery. But that's nothing that couldn't be explained by the age of my batteries and number of times I've put them in and out.

They came 50% charged and getting them to full charge took about 90 min.

I sent it off for a flight. I covered about 3500 feet in total at medium speed with 15 or 20 turns, a full rotation or two, elevation changes - all at about 175' in 80F temps. Brought it back at the 11 min mark and it had 55% charge remaining on the app. I let it hover in the back yard until it auto-landed with 14% left in the tank. The landing happened at 19 min 17 sec. That's definitely longer than my OEM DJI batteries last now but my batteries are a bit older. It feels a fair bit longer than when my batteries were brand new.

After 4 or 5 flights I'll have more of an idea for sure. It would be nice to have a brand new OEM DJI battery sitting here for a side by side test but I think we are off to a reasonable start.

landing.png

So DJI batteries should be retired around 75 flights (despite the claimed 300 by DJI). We know how many flights DJI batteries have from PT2. I guess we have to log the flights on the Limefuel batteries manually to keep track.

Before DJI made any of the battery firmware changes we did have the outlook of getting around 300 flights out of the battery.

I should be receiving my L60P batteries this week.

I plan on running a few tests with the 60P batteries and 2 brand new DJI batteries once the weather warms up. The plan is to perform identical flights on both batteries along with a hover test.

Unfortunately winter is not letting up !

gbello23 said:
Did you pre-order from Limefuel or order from Amazon? If you pre-ordered, when did you place the order?

gbello23 said:
dptcalvin said:
gbello23 said:
Did you pre-order from Limefuel or order from Amazon? If you pre-ordered, when did you place the order?

Pre-ordered from Limefuel on January 7th.

Crap. Preordered mine on 1/23 :(

Phantom8529 said:

I wonder if the GoPro and H3 are quite a bit heavier than the Vision 2+ camera? Or maybe the Phantom 2 is heavier than the Vision 2+? My Vision 2+ just had a nice 19 min flight. I'm sure it would have had a much longer flight if I was just hovering. I've got one of the early production Vision 2+ models, older motors and ESC's but I upgraded the props.

rbhamilton said:
Phantom8529 said:

I wonder if the GoPro and H3 are quite a bit heavier than the Vision 2+ camera? Or maybe the Phantom 2 is heavier than the Vision 2+? My Vision 2+ just had a nice 19 min flight. I'm sure it would have had a much longer flight if I was just hovering. I've got one of the early production Vision 2+ models, older motors and ESC's but I upgraded the props.
:?
I have the same setup Robert, V2 + V2 new in June 2014.

My original batteries were V1 from my 2013 P2V. I got 39 cycles on the original battery.

The extra two V1 batteries still give me over 16 minutes 'till 30% in flight. They have 90% battery life left and I've been wondering which batteries to get. The small round contacts on the limelights concern me. Might just stick with stock.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4