Lime fuel 6000 mah received?

O forgot to mention...i got out about 4k feet and lost fpv...when it connected back up i had no camera view..i tried restarting the app and that did not fix the problem..i landed the phantom and cut battery on and off and then everything went back to normal..not sure if this is from the battery..doubt it....probably some type of other glitch...

Fleshlight said:
I flew it once today..everything went smooth...i did not time it.. but it seemed to last a quite a bit longer...

Would you mind clarifying what firmware you are using on everything ?
What would happen if you updated the firmware on this battery to the latest ?

Thanks

I shoved it all the way in and still no luck. I fear I might have inadvertently bricked it by using it to do the V3.08 software "update", (I was on V3.10). Does it update the battery software automatically when you do this? If so I might have accidentally done this myself, according to some of the reviews that tell you not to update the software. Anyway, I've tried everything I can think of to get it to recognize the battery so I'll probably be sending it back for a replacement.

Test results:
Phantom 2 v2 with immersion 600mw transmitter, H3-3D gimbal, and go pro 4, hovering at 6ft until 20% battery warning.

DJI Battery: 13.14 minutes
Limefuel L54P 13.15 minutes
Limefuel L60P 14.47 minutes

I'm on 3.08 ....the battery was recognized by the app and the laptop...there was no option to update the battery firmware.. Wow only a extra minute of fly time..o Well at least i got it at a decent price

Fleshlight said:
I'm on 3.08 ....the battery was recognized by the app and the laptop...there was no option to update the battery firmware.. Wow only a extra minute of fly time..o Well at least i got it at a decent price

Thanks.

Looking at Amazon right now, the Limfuel 6000mAH is the same price as the Genuine dji 5400mAh.

Is it really worth all the hassle of firmware, bricking issues for an extra minute of flight time?

browen81 said:
Looking at Amazon right now, the Limfuel 6000mAH is the same price as the Genuine dji 5400mAh.

Is it really worth all the hassle of firmware, bricking issues for an extra minute of flight time?

My thoughts too. What a dissapointment. I will stick with DJI stock - cheaper anyway despite a minute or so less flight time.

Limefuel takes your money through their website, places the order through Amazaon (what's that all about?), and then takes their sweet time refunding your money. A week and still no refund! All for 1.5 minutes and maybe problems with firmware. I think will wait for a longer in-use review before considering buying any Limefuel battery to see if they are Lemonfuel. This was shady for the beginning.

browen81 said:

The warranty is the selling point for me. 1 year Limefuel versus 3 months DJI. I'd rather have a year to find out that one of the cells is failing from infant mortality than just 3 months. The extra capacity is just icing on the cake. The prices aren't bad either- the 5400 is less than $100 and the preorder price on the 6000 was pretty good.

The problem as I see it is we don't know how good or bad their customer service is. How much is a 1 year warranty worth if they don't come through? Considering their current service, I'm not too hopeful.

Sent an email to Limefuel on Friday regarding the pre-orders not being shipped. Received a response Sunday afternoon with tracking information.. Finally!

Regardless, I probably would not have purchased these if not for the pre-order discount. An extra 1:30 flight time is less than I expected but still a good deal for $90.

Nilsblix said:
Hello

Got my shipping confirmation today !
Did you pre-order directly from Limefuel's site and if so, when?

Update...I just installed some fpvlr hardware on phantom...so i have been doing quite of bit of battery on and off...something is just not right with this limefuel...it was not recognizing the battery once again...i shoved the battery in so hard i heard cracking in the phantom, then the battery was working again...everyone please BE CAREFUL when using this battery...i have to say i dont 100% trust it...i hate to see someone loose a phantom.....

Got my LimeFuel 6000mah battery today. I pre ordered directly from LimeFuel. I received no tracking info and it just magically showed up via UPS (sourced from Amazon.com). Hoping to try it out soon but it's going to be windy and cold in Wisconsin these next couple of days.

--
Update: I pre ordered the battery directly from LimeFuel on 11/6/14

It would be helpful and appreciated if people who pre-ordered and received their batteries also said when they pre-ordered.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20