Lily Camera - self-flying quad

Reaction score
I just read about a new self-flying quad that comes with no controller. All one has to do, apparently, is tuck the tracking puck into a pocket or onto their wrist mount frame, toss the quad into the air and go about their activities. Pretty interesting if you ask me!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Original article: http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/...t-follows-moving-targets-and-records-hd-video

Product page: https://www.lily.camera/

It seems strange to be announcing with video of it in action and then say it's not available for another 9-10 months. They've given any advantage of secrecy away, maybe because they need funding?

Reactions: SilverStone641
Hi just seen this on YouTube, looks very good:) not released until next year.....bummer:(

Wonder if its as good as it is in the video?

You certainly wouldn't want to see a glitch in the electronics when you throw it off the side of a bridge like they do in the video.

Feb 2016 is a long long wait if you preorder it now.And now would be the time as it is only $500 but I've read it will be $1000 from June.

Last edited:
How does it avoid objects? Trees etc?

You certainly wouldn't want to see a glitch in the electronics when you throw it off the side of a bridge like they do in the video.

Feb 2016 is a long long wait if you preorder it now.And now would be the time as it is only $500 but I've read it will be $1000 from June.

Remember, $500 now and you hope they are still in business next year.

It doesn't! Somewhere I read that it currently has no avoidance systems built into it!
That's the issue. Great camera that will follow you... until it hits a tree. Could still be great as is for some water sports though. I would use it wakeboarding. Few objects to hit on the water.

It's bad enough paying for a P3 a month ago and not having it yet.
I wouldn't be too keen on paying now for something that isn't built yet and won't be available for 9 months.
It would appear that they are hoping for advance sales to fund the development and manufacturing.
Who knows what technology other makers will be offering by then?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31