Lilliput 664/w with AVL58?

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed here, but I can't figure out if the Lilliput 664/w monitor with receiver actually works with the DJI AVL58 transmitter. In other threads, I see that people have said the channels are mismatched but they are able to receive some signal, but I haven't found out whether or not anyone actually has a setup like this working. I would like to know if this monitor works with the AVL58 transmitter yet, if anyone knows.

Link to Lilliput 664/w for reference:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FPT1EWO/ref ... FBSRX8Y1KE

I've ordered the same Lilliput with 5.8GHX 8 Ch and the DJI AVL 5.8. I asked for it to be assembled. They've tested it before shipping and said it is working fine. I will need to wait for it to check myself if it is really working fine :) will update you when I get it

It should work if you get the right version of the monitor. There are different versions for different frequencies. Make sure you order the right one by confirming the vTX frequencies and matching to the corresponding version of the monitor.

ianwood said:
It should work if you get the right version of the monitor. There are different versions for different frequencies. Make sure you order the right one by confirming the vTX frequencies and matching to the corresponding version of the monitor.

Well of course it should work, but there has been talk that it does not. That is why I posted this thread - To see if anyone can give me some solid data on whether or not it actually does work properly.

Haitham said:
I've ordered the same Lilliput with 5.8GHX 8 Ch and the DJI AVL 5.8. I asked for it to be assembled. They've tested it before shipping and said it is working fine. I will need to wait for it to check myself if it is really working fine :) will update you when I get it

Sounds great. It would also be great to know the range you get with it (assuming it all works fine).

Mine works. At least out to about 55 meters or so. That's as far as I've tested it so far. More to come...

...Skeeter
since 1960....

I have the Lilliput 664/w and the AVL58 as well... I actually received the Fat Shark version and then sent it back for the correct version. After hearing all the good things about quality and clarity, I am a bit underwhelmed. Monitor flickers a bit, and it isn't very clear. Ive changed the channels and such, but to no avail... Maybe I've doing something wrong? If anyone can help, please let me know :)

Diemonkey said:
I have the Lilliput 664/w and the AVL58 as well... I actually received the Fat Shark version and then sent it back for the correct version. After hearing all the good things about quality and clarity, I am a bit underwhelmed. Monitor flickers a bit, and it isn't very clear. Ive changed the channels and such, but to no avail... Maybe I've doing something wrong? If anyone can help, please let me know :)

I'm a bit underwhelmed as well. It almost seems like it is not completely on-channel...But, I don't have enough experience with it yet...and it is analog....

Thank you everyone for the responses. From what I have gathered from all the info scattered around the forums and online, it seems the AVL58 frequencies and the Lilliput 664/w frequencies are close enough to work, but slightly off, causing poor reception and bad range. That was my initial conclusion before this thread and now it is looking even more like the case. Since Lilliput has been informed about this, I guess all we can do is hope they put some time into solving this problem, and release a fixed version. I am unfamiliar with the Lilliput Rx internals, but maybe the slight channel discrepancy could be fixed by a simple potentiometer adjustment or resistor replacement?

I just got off the phone with Lilliput (USA) regarding poor range performance of the Lilliput 664W. He stated that the 664W receiver does not match the DJI AVL58 transmitter and I should return it to the dealer that I purchased it from. He stated that they (Lilliput) are "working on" finding exactly what the problem is...

So much for that....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik