Lilliput 664/w vs. Lilliput 329DW

Reaction score
I've been flying with the 664/w for about 6 month now and just recently picked up the 329DW. Thought I would give a review of them both.

Using the 664/w's built in receiver simply does not work with an ImmersionRC 600 tx. Sometimes you'll get a good picture, but more often than not I see a black and white picture that scrolls across the screen. If you want to use the built in Rx with this monitor, you'll need to use the ImmersionRC 250 tx instead of the 600. Or, you have the option to use the 600 tx and get an ImmersionRC UNO5800 receiver to plug into the 664/w's AV input. But if you fly this way, you're subject to blue screen. The 664 monitor does not blue screen when its internal RX loses signal, but it DOES blue screen when your RX plugged into the AV port loses signal. Additionally, flying FPV with this monitor and the UNO5800 requires a long annoying proprietary AV cable and a lipo battery to power the UNO. If you're trying to stay mobile without the aid of a ground station, this extra weight and equipment can be heavy and cumbersome.

The 329DW's built in RX seems to play very nice with both the ImmersionRX 600 as well as the 250, with no blue screen. The main downside to the 329 is a screen that is slightly less quality. However, if you are simply looking for an FPV monitor to display an SD video signal from a GoPro, this difference is mostly unnoticeable. Hook the two monitors up to your DVD player and you'll see a huge difference, but when viewing the FPV feed from your Phantom there is barely any difference in detail. The main noticeable difference is that the colors look brighter on the 664. In my opinion though, there is not enough of a difference in screen quality to warrant purchasing the 664 over the 329 if your primary objective is FPV.

For me, choosing between these two monitors is like trying to choose a boat to buy. There isn't a perfect choice.

Go with the 664 if you're going to being using the monitor a lot for things outside of FPV (5d Mark II field monitor etc), or if you don't require the light weight mobility of a built in RX, or if you do require a built in RX and you don't mind flying at range of 200 meters or less. I would say overall though, that you should not buy this monitor if you definitely want to use a built in Rx.

Go with the 329 if you're just buying it for FPV, you want to stay light weight and mobile, and you also want automatic signal switching between a long range unidirectional antenna and a shorter range omnidirectional antenna. If you're looking for a built in Rx this seems to be a great choice. The only sacrifice when flying FPV is slightly less sharp picture with slightly less color, but again, not enough that it's very noticable or cause for

Thanks for posting. I have the 664/W and 600W ImersionRC TX. What antenna's did you use? I am ready to wire mine up and was going to try a few antenna combos before I get the IRC Duo5800. The antennas I have to try are the FatShark patch, a FatShark Spironet set, and the Blue Beam Utra set.

Seems odd that the 664 worked fine with the 250mW Fatshark Tx and not the Immersion 600mW, they use the exact same channels. Are you sure the Immersion Tx was set to the same exact channel the monitor was on? I could understand if it didn't work so well with the Fatshark either, but to give good performance with one and not the other sounds like it may be an external factor.

How does this compare to the black pearl? I know the BP got issues with immersion, it still works but with reduced range.
I am hoping that the 329dw would receive similar to the fatsharks so we can have a good all in one monitor solution.

I am about to get a 664 with Boscam TX that seem to play nicer with the Lilliput.

Are you guys aware of anyone selling this as a combo with all the widgets and cables and osd?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31