Ligtbridge startup issues sequence

Reaction score
Is anyone having any issues getting the LB units to connect properly on startup.

Normally I go through this sequence.

Connect 14SG to trainer cord
Power on LB ground unit
Start Lightbridge app
Power on Phantom 2
Sometimes the GoPro powers on sometimes not, so if not power it up
Lightbridge on screen shows some odd data but no video

I then have to go through a random sequence of unplugging and replugging the Lightbridge HDMI and or re starting the GoPro. Normally then I find the app has a stopped responding message so restart it. Sometimes then it is ready to go other times I need to reboot the camera again to get video.

Anyone else had any experience or know of a power up sequence that has no issues?

It is a bit random. I find this works:

• Connect 14SG
    Power up LB ground unit
    Power up GoPro
    Power up P2
    Start LB app

Starting the GoPro before the P2 seems to be particularly important. If the app fails to acquire video, I unplug the tablet USB connection, then reconnect and re-allow debug mode.

Ok thanks, will try that, I don't know how long the gopro HDMI socket and HDMI cable will last at the moment as I have to unplug and replug so many times to get the GoPro to power and the LB to connect.

markab said:
Ok thanks, will try that, I don't know how long the gopro HDMI socket and HDMI cable will last at the moment as I have to unplug and replug so many times to get the GoPro to power and the LB to connect.

Not sure why you are disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI to get the GoPro to power up. Just press the GoPro power button.

sar104 said:
markab said:

Not sure why you are disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI to get the GoPro to power up. Just press the GoPro power button.

Why.... because sometimes the gopro won't power with the DJI HDMI connected, hold the power button and nothing, soon as I pull out the HDMI it fires up. That particular H3 Black has always been a bit funny, haven't tried it with the H3+ black yet.

markab said:
sar104 said:
markab said:

Why.... because sometimes the gopro won't power with the DJI HDMI connected, hold the power button and nothing, soon as I pull out the HDMI it fires up. That particular H3 Black has always been a bit funny, haven't tried it with the H3+ black yet.

I see. I've never had that problem.

Step 1 Power on Lightbridge on 14SG
Step 2 Launch Lightbridge app
Step 3 Power on Phantom 2
Step 4 On the 14SG - Initiate radio without trainer cord attached, then hold menu button during power on select RF Radio OFF, then plug in training cord
Step 5 Power on Go Pro
Step 6 Record on Go Pro
FLY AWAY!!!! :)

These steps work for me every time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik