Lights

Reaction score
About to buy P3 Pro, and 1)is there a way to easily turn off lights from remote while in air, and 2) is it possible to install a headlight and also easily turn it on and off while flying? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

is there a way to easily turn off lights from remote while in air
You can only turn off the front red lights in the DJI GO app. The back lights are always on.

is it possible to install a headlight and also easily turn it on and off while flying?
Possible? Maybe. I haven't seen anyone do it yet.

Will probably leave them alone, better perspective at night for sure. Thanks.

Connect headlight to front lights and thus you can switch on / off.

Reactions: Droner412
Good idea, thanks. May give it a try once I get some time under my Pro. Have a P2V right now, and it flies like a gem. Can't wait to step up to the Pro.

Has anyone successfully disconnected the start-up tones?

those tones are make by the motor and would required ESC firmware change to stop. In short, you're gonna have to live with it.
Unless I can find what are used for speakers. :)

those tones are make by the motor and would required ESC firmware change to stop. In short, you're gonna have to live with it.
Why do you say those tones are produced by motors and ESC? I believe he is asking for those startup notes when P3 is just switched on and gimbal starts dancing.

Reactions: sonof40
Why do you say those tones are produced by motors and ESC? I believe he is asking for those startup notes when P3 is just switched on and gimbal starts dancing.
Crap, I was thinking about the other motor tones my P1 made. Dont know why I didnt notice that the P3 was different.

I am thinking of going into the P3A to find out if there is a simple way to to connect to the front lights. Iwant to connect LEDS to the front lights and then turn them off. I am thinking there must be a power wire to the front lights that can be tapped into. If this is the cse turning on and off Aux lights should be easy? I see threads on this but no actually experience is referenced....anyone?

This should be relatively simple as the lights on a P3 are standalone LED modules that plug into the mainboard. You will have to check the supply voltage available & be careful about current draw so I don't recommend connecting a high-wattage LED or a whole slew of LEDs.

I am thinking of going into the P3A to find out if there is a simple way to to connect to the front lights. Iwant to connect LEDS to the front lights and then turn them off. I am thinking there must be a power wire to the front lights that can be tapped into. If this is the cse turning on and off Aux lights should be easy? I see threads on this but no actually experience is referenced....anyone?

This should be relatively simple as the lights on a P3 are standalone LED modules that plug into the mainboard. You will have to check the supply voltage available & be careful about current draw so I don't recommend connecting a high-wattage LED or a whole slew of LEDs.

That is correct, ...what I am going to look into is a low power 5 volt relay switch.
You connect relay to red arm lights, that only powers the relay only, then you power your leds that you want to use with the main battery , this should work without messing with the current from the bird.

Kevin

That is correct, ...what I am going to look into is a low power 5 volt relay switch.
You connect relay to red arm lights, that only powers the relay only, then you power your leds that you want to use with the main battery , this should work without messing with the current from the bird.

Kevin

Any update on this? Would love to see some pics or write up of the install.

There is nothing disconnect. The sound is coming from the motors.

Ah, you're looking for little hidden speakers somewhere? ;)

Reactions: sonof40

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20