Lights Out

Reaction score
One of the plastic nuts holding the carbon fiber blades on my P2V. It went up a foot and came down on its side. The right front LEDs now do not work. When it initializes it lights up then will not light for the rest of the flight. I thought about taking it apart to see if there are any loose wires. Any thoughts? Anybody else have this problem?

If it still flies fine, so only the LED on the ESC board is bad. It's soldered on though not wired.

Flies well. Just one set of lights are off. I am concered that if i talke it apart it will not go back together.

New flyer said:
Flies well. Just one set of lights are off. I am concered that if i talke it apart it will not go back together.

Since the LED light is the part of the ESC board, so replacing will involve de-soldering the old board and soldering the new board to the motor and if you are not comfortable doing that, it is better to leave it alone.
Many tried and fail because they don't have the proper temperature setting soldering iron, thus in the process destroyed the board.
Note also that there are 2 different ESC board, one with RED led and the other is GREEN.
Should you decide to replace the board, make sure you memorize the position of the 3 motor wires.

Thanks for the help. I took it apart and could not see anything loose. I do not think i want to mess with any esc boards. Will learn to run without a red light.

New flyer said:
Thanks for the help. I took it apart and could not see anything loose. I do not think i want to mess with any esc boards. Will learn to run without a red light.

LED light has no filament like the incandescent ones, so you may not see the burnt mark or loose connections.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4