Lights - Home Lock ?

Reaction score
I upgraded from the FC40 to the vision 2+.

One thing with the fc40 you can see the status LED very easily and know when you got home lock as the light is on the back of drone.
With the PV2+ the lights are underneath.
On these very bright days until the drone is in the air you can't see the lights.

How do you know you have home lock ?

I sit down on my knees and keep watching and waiting for the home lock :|
I really want to get a LED from an ESC, and then put on the back of the phantom. :cool:

M.Tigelaar said:
I sit down on my knees and keep watching and waiting for the home lock :|
I really want to get a LED from an ESC, and then put on the back of the phantom. :cool:

hmm, thats what I thought.

must be a way to add a led on back to do this ?

I wonder if a small reflector could be put on the skids to save having to be a contortionist.

I can see the white sheeting helping, but its just more stuff to carry around.

You can always use the phone app, if it says you have 6 or more satellites then you are good to go, also the telemetry at the bottom of the screen will not kick in until it has enough satellites to know where it is.

harbourside said:
You can always use the phone app, if it says you have 6 or more satellites then you are good to go, also the telemetry at the bottom of the screen will not kick in until it has enough satellites to know where it is.

Ok, but is that the same as home lock ?

Yes, Home point uses the data displayed on the app, also you can check the radar screen to see that the Phantom is in the centre of the circle.

I usually take off from the top of my case because the grass usually gets in the way of the camera so I added a piece of mirror tape along one of the contours of the case. You can see all the lights fine standing.

I also use the app. The satellite symbol turns blue with >= 6 satellites and the telemetry data, specifically the 'Distance', gets a numerical value instead of 'N/A'. Only time I used the lights for confirmation of home lock is when I was practicing without the camera/gimbal attached in which case the app is unusable.

johnie said:
I usually take off from the top of my case because the grass usually gets in the way of the camera so I added a piece of mirror tape along one of the contours of the case. You can see all the lights fine standing.

I like this idea. Thank you.

May sound funny, but my wedding band provides reflection of undercarriage LEDs when I cup my hand underneath. No help for you single folks, sorry. :)

I got a old round highway sign about 20" across and added mirrow tape. But it's another thing to drag around.

Mori55 said:
I got a old round highway sign about 20" across and added mirrow tape. But it's another thing to drag around.

True

Don think my local highways authority would be too happy either :lol:

Very cool. Just ordered one of the landing pads with the mirror rings. I will put up an update/review when I receive it.

Thanks for the link,

Adam

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20