Lightroom & Photoshop Lens Profile

Reaction score
Russell Preston Brown from Adobe, has just released the final version of the lens profile for the Phantom Vision.
It works with both Photoshop and Lightroom.

It will be available in the next update of camera raw in December, but if you are good with a mac or PC and know where to put the profile, it can be done manually.

Very quick before and after shot.

mitchsden said:
Russell Preston Brown from Adobe, has just released the final version of the lens profile for the Phantom Vision.
It works with both Photoshop and Lightroom.

It will be available in the next update of camera raw in December, but if you are good with a mac or PC and know where to put the profile, it can be done manually.

link to plugin?

Dave Pitman said:

Just copying details from someone else's post on another forum in case it saves some people time:

For Windows:
This may be a hidden directory in your computer.
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Camera Raw\LensProfiles\1.0

For Mac:
If you use the standard Mac interface (as opposed to the unix Terminal), sometimes the Library does not appear under <username>. But you can find it by clicking on the name of your machine under the Devices list on the left column of a Finder window and then on the name of your internal hard drive.

On the Mac, put the file here:
/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/
(Place this file inside the 1.0 folder.)

Hmmm.

I have followed the instructions but DJI doesn't show up as an option in Camera Make when I am using the Lens Correction filter.

Any ideas?

The lens profile seems to slightly overcorrect for me. The horizon will be dipped slightly down in the middle after using the profile, where before it was bowed much more the other direction. It is easy to fix with the manual controls. Maybe it makes a difference what the camera angle was when the picture was taken.
FWIW, I'm using CS6 and Win 8.1.
TisiRaptor: what version of Photoshop?

mitchsden said:
TisiRaptor said:
Hmmm.

I have followed the instructions but DJI doesn't show up as an option in Camera Make when I am using the Lens Correction filter.

Any ideas?

What operating system are you using ?

Windows 7 Pro, SP1 and Photoshop CS6

TisiRaptor said:
mitchsden said:
TisiRaptor said:
Hmmm.

Any ideas?

What operating system are you using ?

Windows 7 Pro, SP1 and Photoshop CS6

I have a mac, but do use Windows as well

The DJI instructions show to place the file here on a Windows PC:
Windows
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

The previous instuctions posted earlier state here:

I would guess the second is correct, and if the AppData folder is not showing, you
will need to unhide it from within Folder Options in Windows.

Let us know how you get on

Dave

mitchsden said:
Windows

Dave

This is exactly the experience I had. Initially I put it in the first path shown above - didn't work. Then after seeing the post from Todd, I tried the second path and it works. So the correct one is:

MikeON said:
mitchsden said:
Windows

Dave

This is exactly the experience I had. Initially I put it in the first path shown above - didn't work. Then after seeing the post from Todd, I tried the second path and it works. So the correct one is:

I expect that is why they have removed it from their website, too many messages and emails :D

I have it in C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Camera Raw\LensProfiles\1.0, but it's still not showing up! I feel an email to Adobe coming on!

I didn't just drop it into the root. I created a subfolder called Phantom and put it in there and it seems to be working on my mac. I agree it does seem to overcorrect a bit but it def gets you in the ballpark.

windows 8, lightroom 5....this was the only directory I could find that had the lcp's listed:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0
This is like an easter egg hunt without the fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31