Lightroom CS & P4P RAW severely over-exposed

Reaction score
Hey guys. AM I missing something? Any stills I take with my P4P in RAW mode brought into Lightroom are way overexposed (they look fine on the phone). They are actually unusable, but for some reason the JPEGs are fine? Never seen this before. Any ideas why?

I am using the latest Lightroom.

Hey guys. AM I missing something? Any stills I take with my P4P in RAW mode brought into Lightroom are way overexposed (they look fine on the phone). They are actually unusable, but for some reason the JPEGs are fine? Never seen this before. Any ideas why?

Could you shoot a raw+jpeg sample and post both files here?

I don't have the time today but what I discovered is the proper exposure only occurs if I shoot bracket OR a burst. Both raw and JPEG are properly exposed in either case. Only if I shoot single are the pics (as it turns out, raw and jpeg - or raw only, or jpeg only) are like 10 stops overexposed. It's got to be some kind of bizarre bug. I can work around it by shooting AEB or bursts for now.

My Mavic doesn't do this, my inspire didn't do this... it's just the P4P.

I had the opposite issue after latest update. Resetting P4P camera settings solved issue.

In P4P camera settings menu, reset camera settings, shoot in auto and see if problem is solved. If so, tweak camera setting as you like.

I don't have the time today but what I discovered is the proper exposure only occurs if I shoot bracket OR a burst. Both raw and JPEG are properly exposed in either case. Only if I shoot single are the pics (as it turns out, raw and jpeg - or raw only, or jpeg only) are like 10 stops overexposed. It's got to be some kind of bizarre bug. I can work around it by shooting AEB or bursts for now.

My Mavic doesn't do this, my inspire didn't do this... it's just the P4P.
This seems very strange; I have not heard of this issue before. Again a example would be great, but I do think this should probably go to dji support (for probable replacement).

Edit: The suggestion to reset all settings seems like a good idea if not already tried

I had the opposite issue after latest update. Resetting P4P camera settings solved issue.

In P4P camera settings menu, reset camera settings, shoot in auto and see if problem is solved. If so, tweak camera setting as you like.
I would also try a firmware refresh. That often fixes these odd type of things.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl