Lightning to hdmi

Reaction score
As an owner of P4P and iPad mini 4 I am searching for best solution to get HDMI output. So the doubt is to get DJI HDMI output module ( Buy HDMI Output Module | DJI Store ) or to get apple lightning digital HDMI adapter ( Lightning Digital AV Adapter )?
Anyone has some experience with both? My first option is apple lightning digital adapter... it is cheaper and I could connect other devices like TVs to my iPad. Is there any advantages of using DJI module over this adapter?

Only the HDMI output module will work. You can also pick one up here on Amazon.

Last edited:
Lightening to hdmi output module can definitely get you hdmi out from your iOS device which can be used with any hdmi input device. But the problem is that where would you connect your RC USB out to make dji go or any other phantom app to receive inputs.

Lightening port on iOS device can be used either as input or as an output port but not both. No iOS device currently have two ports.

RC can generate two outputs with hdmi module, one can be connected to tablet and other to hdmi device.

People have used nvidia shield to get an additional hdmi output for connecting to an hdmi goggle.

Hope I have answered your question.

Last edited:
I have seen the Apple Lightning HDMI adapter used to output video to HDMI and simultaneously connected to an input device over the pass-through Lightning port provided on the HDMI adapter. By my logic, this should potentially allow the output of DJI Go video and connection to RC unit? Don't own the adapter so can't test, anyone out there actually try this?

Reactions: K9VXV
I have the adapter. The male end goes to the IOS device and the receptacle box has HDMI female and lighting in for power. My lightning headphones do not work in this port so nothing will go in that way. If the DJI app supports the adapter then you can go full screen to a display but the resolution and frame rate is horrible. The port on the adapter will not pass signal out to the RC properly.

Actually, the lightning adapter may work if you have the p3 4k or standard because they use wifi video downlink instead of a lightning cable directly connecting to your phone.

Reactions: K9VXV
Actually, the lightning adapter may work if you have the p3 4k or standard because they use wifi video downlink instead of a lightning cable directly connecting to your phone.

That's good to know! Does P3P use wifi too for the downlink?

That's good to know! Does P3P use wifi too for the downlink?
I'm pretty sure that the advanced and professional use light bridge technology which allows a stronger signal requiring a cabled connection, so unfortunately I don't think the adapter would work if u have the p3 pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers