Lightning HDMI w/ ipad mini

I'm guessing the lightning port on the adapter is only for charging and won't transmit the data feed to the Tx, but could be wrong.

yep, the data pass through is what I'm wondering about. Would be pretty cool if it does work! I went ahead and ordered one and will post back results!

yep, the data pass through is what I'm wondering about. Would be pretty cool if it does work! I went ahead and ordered one and will post back results!
Google says it's just for charging your device.

you would need a male to male USB to go from the controller to the dongle. HDMI should work though. Just no controller if this is not a data and is charge only.

Mixed Reviews, definitely interested to see if this works. I wonder when DJI will release the HDMI adapter, I would imagine it will be at a similar price point.

Or use Airplay. Goggles connected with long HDMI to AppleTV, plugged into inverter, hooked to car battery. Seems a bit convoluted but works as a temporary workaround.

Reactions: Bob Rust
http://www.cultofmac.com/218192/apples-lightning-digital-av-adapter-has-an-incredible-secret/

maybe the best hope would be that the controller sees the hdmi converter as an IOS device and outputs the video but without any app support.

that would still be awesome!

nevermind, I didn't think the flow process through i
I tried it. It only charges through the lightning port. It does NOT pass data. It won't work.

thanks for checking, was a wild hope anyhow -lol

what about the 2nd USB port on the controller? does it happen to output video like the gopro's usb port does?

Anyone tried one of these yet?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD826AM/A/lightning-digital-av-adapter

I am curious if it would work with my p3/ipad mini setup to FatShark Dominators
I've used that adaptor for my Cinemizers with iPad mini and iPhone S5. FPV is awesome with goggles!

However, this only works with my P2 Vision, since the P3 transmitter plugs into the Lightning port. You can use the Lightning/HDMI to connect to a TV to watch your videos though.

Three work a rounds you might consider; an Inspire transmitter, wait for the HDMI out board for P3, or the Nvidia Shield. I don't know anything about how the FatSharks work with these devices.

Please let us know what you come up with!

Reactions: Bob Rust
I've looked at the options. EIther get a NVIDIA shield with HDMI out, wait for the HDMI board for the controller, Inspire remote or maybe you could do a peer to peer with an apple TV. I would be there would be significant lag with the latter.

edit...looks like a posted a half second too late

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues