Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Lightning Cable Length

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by F6Rider, Apr 19, 2015.

1. F6Rider

I want to have as many accessories on hand as needed when the P3 arrives, so in that vein does anyone know what the shortest length iPhone cable you can use? You can get them in 4",5" and 6" on Amazon, as well a 1', and the standard 3', no sense having a bunch of extra cable tied up behind your controller.

Advexure likes this.
  2. mohan

You probably want 6 inches - 4 inches is going to be tight.. the cable has to loop over the handle or under it and then reach up to the phone - if it is the Iphone 6 it will require that bit more slack due to its size. If you use an ipad you will need more cable obviously

3. Advexure

Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    11 or 12 inch works great. We've got these on our Inspires: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P66F35A/?tag=wwwadvexureco-20 You don't want too short or you'll quickly wear out your connectors.

Attached Files:

Apparition and F6Rider like this.
  4. F6Rider

5. Rothgarr

I'm going to look for one with an L-Shaped connector so it doesn't stick straight out of my iPad. (Plus it should look a little cleaner...)

6. F6Rider

Well, I am going to fly with my iPhone 6+ for awhile to see if I really need a iPad or not, and the connector being on the end is no bother. But with iPad a 90ยบ elbow would allow the cable to run down the side and would look much better.