Lightning cable length, how short can I go?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've been off the scene for a while and am probably going to pick up a new Phantom 4 in the coming weeks(despite its apparent distance/battery life shortcomings).

The last time I flew a quadcopter was my old Phantom 1, so no fancy app or live video feed.
My question is, what's the shortest lighting to USB cable I can use to connect an iPad Air 2 or Mini 4 to the RC(I have an iPad Air 2, but might get a Mini 4 to keep things nice and neat)?
I'd like to keep it as neat as possible so I was hoping to buy a cable from Amazon UK to have ready to go. Would a 6 inch cable do it, or should I just get a 12 inch and cable tidy it around the RC?

Thanks

Likewise I use the 12" with my mini 4, perfect length.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm guessing the 12" is long enough for the iPad Air 2 and Mini 4?

Still not sure I'll go for the Mini 4, but I think having a full size iPad sitting on the RC would get heavy/cumbersome if I was to do a full days flying(in my Phantom 1 days I would go out hiking for the day with 12-14 batteries, might need 16-18 for the P4 :) )

I wish I had read this.
I got a 20cm cable and it's just too short. It fits my iPad mini, but it has to be folded back. Now I have a 30cm on the way.
Gotta keep the cable tidy!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

51e12d9de1ca76ab0d520062be1b993a.jpg
90b16f1a8749efde460d6555c3181bf7.jpg

Sometimes pictures speak better than words.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: mirrorimage
If you use a white cable, 6"-8" sometimes barely works. But black cables come in a minimum of 12" and they work really well.

12" cable is ideal

I found the 12 a little tight. Got the 13. Much better

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Drone Master

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4