Lighting Storm and Flying

Reaction score
Hey Guys ....
Had a crazy storm last night about 20 miles away from where I live and the lighting was CRAZY COOL. I just HAD to fly up and get some footage of this (to be uploaded soon). Not sure if the lighting in the sky had anything to do with this but for the first time in 3 months of flying the Phantom, it became un-responsive. I got pretty scared because I was pretty high. With the green light blinking the whole time it kicked into fail safe mode and came down and landed all by itself .....what a relief!

Do you think this happened because of the electricity in the air ??

Did you fly straight up? if so then it was probably normal due to the reception is worse directly over head. Antenna placement straight down causes this. Had mine go into failsafe and it wasn't that high up. Ordered a Futaba T8J last night, don't want it happening again.

Bruce

Yes ...I just took off and flew straight up. Hmmm.... So you are saying that lost reception because of where I was standing ?

I had the Led light in sight the whole time .....blinking green the whole time

I guess I would just blame it on the storm activity for now, because the Naza does use sensitive barometric sensors, etc
to get it's information.

But it will probably be hard to trust it completely for a while.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31