Lighthouse missing

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a waypoint mission where my P4P will fly past or around the Jupiter lighthouse (located in Jupiter Fl). When I scroll the map to where the lighthouse should be it's not there. The road is there, the parking lot is there, the lighthouse museum is there, its a park so I can see the soccer fields and the tennis courts, I can see the Jupiter inlet, but no lighthouse. Could that be some kind of weird security deal? I went to Google Earth and there it is. I guessing someone doesn't want me flying too close to the lighthouse. Any ideas? I could make a mission and use a pretty educated guess as to where it is but I'm thinking maybe I should just forget the whole idea. BTW I'm using litchi.

(German or Russian accent)... Ve know what yuuh augh doink. Lighthouse vas nevah dere!

Seriously... make a guess on what you know, and make room for errors, and keep finger on P toggle... " Vhat cud goh rong?'....

Or.... Record waypoint mission while you are watching it...

"eder vay, we Vatching yu Fhantum...

Funny, I've been up to the top, perhaps I was just floating in space. Anyway it was a great view. But seriously I drove there yesterday to find a good spot the fly from, can't understand why I can't find it on the map.

Lighthouses have been taken down in record number in past decade or two.

Too much reliance on GPS.... wait... I rely on GPS....

I could, but I was hoping I could set the whole mission up from home, I did that yesterday and made 2 great missions over the ocean and intracoastal waterway and never had to leave the comfort of my living room. Its still hot here S. Fl, and I like A/C.

Google pics of it.. extrapolate angles, guess, compare against Litchi/hub. Fly slow, finger on P toggle

We have natural A/c... Northwest temps... .cold as .......

I'm trying to create a waypoint mission where my P4P will fly past or around the Jupiter lighthouse (located in Jupiter Fl). When I scroll the map to where the lighthouse should be it's not there. The road is there, the parking lot is there, the lighthouse museum is there, its a park so I can see the soccer fields and the tennis courts, I can see the Jupiter inlet, but no lightho1use. Could that be some kind of weird security deal? I went to Google Earth and there it is. I guessing someone doesn't want me flying too close to the lighthouse. Any ideas? I could make a mission and use a pretty educated guess as to where it is but I'm thinking maybe I should just forget the whole idea. BTW I'm using litchi.
I'll betcha it is still there but the bulb is just burned out. :)

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
I'd only do that mission as a recorded way point, in real time.

I'm trying to create a waypoint mission where my P4P will fly past or around the Jupiter lighthouse (located in Jupiter Fl). When I scroll the map to where the lighthouse should be it's not there. The road is there, the parking lot is there, the lighthouse museum is there, its a park so I can see the soccer fields and the tennis courts, I can see the Jupiter inlet, but no lighthouse. Could that be some kind of weird security deal? I went to Google Earth and there it is. I guessing someone doesn't want me flying too close to the lighthouse. Any ideas? I could make a mission and use a pretty educated guess as to where it is but I'm thinking maybe I should just forget the whole idea. BTW I'm using litchi.
The idea that a lighthouse was removed from a map for security or so you won't fly there just doesn't make any sense but you got me interested to see what might be happening.
I think I've solved the mystery.
i-chbMBvK-XL.jpg

You might need to visit an optometrist before you go flying next?

The idea that a lighthouse was removed from a map for security or so you won't fly there just doesn't make any sense but you got me interested to see what might be happening.
I think I've solved the mystery.
i-chbMBvK-XL.jpg

You might need to visit an optometrist before you go flying next?
I was RIGHT !

OK, I see it now. I found it easily on Google Earth I don't know why I had so much trouble with Litchi. Made for a fun post at least. Planning my lighthouse mission now. One question, do I need to keep a minimum distance away from it to be legal?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers