Lightbridge

This might be a stupid question for some of you but, what does lightbridge means and how it works?
I have a P3S so I want to know what are P3A and P3P pilots talking about!
Lightbridge works like magic.
It gives you smooth precise control and live view that just keeps going.
You don't lose signal at 500 metres, the picture doesn't break up at 1000 metres.

Lightbridge is DJI's trade name for what is almost certainly nothing more than a slick implementation of the wifi protocol called "wifibroadcast". This has been available as open source prior to DJI making it famous. A couple of raspberry pi's with wifi cards that support injection mode (you will need the freely downloadable SD card images if your not familiar with Linux) and you have poor mans lightbridge. Similar range with less latency than the DJI offering in many instances also.

Check this out Wifibroadcast – Analog-like transmission of live video data

Reactions: macoman
Lightbridge works like magic.
It gives you smooth precise control and live view that just keeps going.
You don't lose signal at 500 metres, the picture doesn't break up at 1000 metres.

Does DJI use Lightbridge for 'control' as well as for video and telemetry?

Yes .. the P3A and P3P as well as all P4 variants have lightbridge as standard equipment.

Thanks Meta4 for the reply. I bought a used P3A that was upgraded to Pro with the 4K camera. I guess i'll look up how to use Lightbridge. Quick question, does LB replace the DJIgo app? or do you use both?

Thanks Meta4 for the reply. I bought a used P3A that was upgraded to Pro with the 4K camera. I guess i'll look up how to use Lightbridge. Quick question, does LB replace the DJIgo app? or do you use both?
There's nothing to learn about how to use Lightbridge.
It's an integrated part of the Phantom and controller just as wifi is for the Standard.
Don't be confused by the separate DJI Lightbridge app you might find.
That's quite different and belongs to the older stand-alone Lightbridge version that you could buy to fit to your drone.
You don't use that with your P3.
Just the DJI Go app on its own.

There's nothing to learn about how to use Lightbridge.
It's an integrated part of the Phantom and controller just as wifi is for the Standard.
Don't be confused by the separate DJI Lightbridge app you might find.
That's quite different and belongs to the older stand-alone Lightbridge version that you could buy to fit to your drone.
You don't use that with your P3.
Just the DJI Go app on its own.

Oh ok, so LB is already working in the background then?

It's not something in the background. It's not something you have to worry about.
Lightbridge is what the Phantom and controller use to communicate with each other.
The Standard uses wifi, the Pro and Adv use Lightbridge.

Ok, that makes sense. I was wondering why people were talking about Wifi with the standard. Thank you again for the info, I appreciate it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers